[Poll] Lambert Ranch Floorplans - The Field

Which floorplan(s) do you like the most at The Field?

• Plan 1

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Plan 1x

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Plan 2

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Plan 2x

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Plan 3

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

irvinehomeowner

Since someone wanted to discuss the floorplans at Lambert Ranch since they were a bit different from what TIC has been offering. These are for the smallest project, the Field:
http://www.thenewhomecompany-cloud.com/Field.pdf?
(link courtesy of lala)

Plan 1
288mmxe.jpg

Plan 1x
fx4bnp.jpg

Plan 2
10egd3t.jpg

Plan 2x
swr5md.jpg

Plan 3
63vq6a.jpg

EDIT: Added the link to the PDF.

WoodburyDad said:
I like/voted Plan 3 with the Loggia and optional 5th bedroom
Although the dinning room seems very small
I also like Plan 3 but I'm sure the Mrs. would want the exercise room option if only for the fact that it makes the master closet bigger.

At 3000sft, I think that dining room is actually bigger than it looks... but I won't know until I see it in person.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Sorry the plans are not good enough to risk my future.
This thread was made to discuss the merits/pitfalls of just the floorplans, which I know you can discuss at length without having to bring in the location issues.

For example, I like Plan 3 because:

1. Seperate dining area
2. Enclosed master shower
3. Additional living space upstairs (bonus room)
4. Loggia (nee California Room or Capistrano Room)

I also like the x plans because they have 1.5 bathrooms on the 1st floor.

irvinehomeowner said:
WoodburyDad said:
I like/voted Plan 3 with the Loggia and optional 5th bedroom
Although the dinning room seems very small
I also like Plan 3 but I'm sure the Mrs. would want the exercise room option if only for the fact that it makes the master closet bigger.

At 3000sft, I think that dining room is actually bigger than it looks... but I won't know until I see it in person.

A larger master closet for her?itty bitty space for your stuff.
Regarding the dining room, you might be right but I seem to recall a similar dining room was fit into one of the Carmel models and it was small.
They modeled it with a round table so it fit the small space but wouldn't fit a large dining room set

I like plan 1 downstairs and but like the option of having a bonus rm on the 2nd floor as in plan 2. Although plan 1 x gives you a wider porch, I like homes that have both a backyard and side courtyard that can bring in more light. I especially like (though haven't seen how it would look in person) the bifolding doors that flank the fireplace downstairs on plan 1--looks like it would feel nice and bright.

We toured the field last weekend. The X plans looked majestic as their long side was the front side but I didn't like it all since  they had almost no backyards. Most of the backyard pace of the lot was used up for the drive way to the side garage.

And the location were the field houses will be built is much lower than model homes.

Back