Desserts

cubiczirconia

This thread will be "the place" to share you dessert recipes. Would love to know about international recipes, with tried and tested recipes, or easy to prepare ideas.

Here is my easiest version of Tiramisu. I prepare another elaborate one, but this is the quick fix that I have mastered over the years. My first taste of Tiramisu was at Olive Garden in 99. I had just arrived to US, and had made a face at Thai food, didn't like the authentic Chinese here after eating Indo-Chinese for years. Tiramisu was the first item that I had developed a liking for in my new world.

1 pack of Lady fingers from Trader Joes
1 small Mascarpone cheese from Trader Joes
Taster's choice Instant coffee
Irish Bailey Liqueur
Dark chocolate shavings+ cocoa powder
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 egg whites

Mix 1/2 cup milk with 3 tsp instant coffee. Divide the lady fingers into three portions. Soak the lady fingers for a few seconds, remove and arrange on the bottom of a 3" deep dish (I like the clear glass baking dish). Whip mascarpone cheese, heavy cream, egg whites and 1/4 cup of Irish Bailey. Divide the mixture into three portions. Pour one part on the first batch of lady fingers in the dish. Arrange second layer of lady fingers, and pour second batch of the mixture. Repeat again, and sprinkle cocoa powder on top. Sprinkle chocolate shavings to give it some texture.

Freeze for an hour at least before eating.

I don't know how clear I was in my recipe, but there! I wrote my first recipe:)

[quote author="centralcoast"]Oops... I didn't look at all the thread options.... I posted my cookie recipes in the "Cookie" thread...[/quote]

No worries. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> Cookies . . . Desserts . . . One is merely a subset of the other, although cookies can also be snacks, so leaving it in the cookie thread is ok.

Back