Let's Ball It Up!

Baller4Life

Hello, newbie here.  Just signed up with Talk Irvine. 

I read the thread about different locations where people ball it up but is there a TI pickup basketball game somewhere in Irvine on a regular basis?  If not, I would like to get some feedback from TI members on preferred time and place so we can get a pickup game going on a weekly basis.  Please reply to my post and let me know your preferences!  ;)

I'm down for Tuesdays @ 6pm @ Orchard or Heritage Park :)

Thanks for reading.

Is this traceimage trying to get me out in the open?

Just kidding.

Welcome to TI B4L... so far... no one from TI has got together for a game of pick-up... although there is rumor that old-IHBers occasionally meet every 6 months where sometimes a knee injury may occur.  :(

I think Homer regularly goes to Beckman High Friday nights.

I'm a weekend warrior type... dinner and homework occupy my weekday nights... but I'm willing to meet-up on a Sat/Sun morning (the earlier the better).

Welcome to TIC Baller!!

I normally ball at LA Fitness but as of late I have been playing at Beckman High.  There's always a good crowd on Tuesday/Thursdays nights, people usually stroll in around 7:30.  Friday nights are a hit or a miss at Beckman.  Been to Heritage a few times, good competition but too much hacking and bad calls really turn me off. 

I'll probably be out at Beckman tonight.. Look for the guy airballing layups  :D

Hey IHO, thanks for the feedback.  I'll check out Beckman High on Friday nights and I'm also down for 2-on-2 or 3-on-3 at least, for Saturday mornings if we get enough people (4-6) to show up early weekend mornings.  :D

Hey Homer, thanks for the updated info.  I was at Heritage Monday night and yea, you're right, good competition but too much hacking and bad calls.  Since you said you might be going, I might check out Beckman tonight as well.  If I go, I'll be lookin out for any form of airballing, :)

There?s a girl that plays regularly (at least whenever I can make it) on Saturday mornings at the LA Fitness in Woodbury.
I do the elliptical next to the court and love watching her play.
She?s got great all around game, checks guys on D, nice outside jumper and I?ve seen her drive the lane.

Drat! My plan is foiled!

irvinehomeowner said:

Just kidding.

Welcome to TI B4L... so far... no one from TI has got together for a game of pick-up... although there is rumor that old-IHBers occasionally meet every 6 months where sometimes a knee injury may occur.  :(

I'm a weekend warrior type... dinner and homework occupy my weekday nights... but I'm willing to meet-up on a Sat/Sun morning (the earlier the better).

Yes, please! Everyone, show up! hehe.. We can ask each other's names by the forum names...irvinehomeowner.....Homer....Woodbury Dad....traceimage.... ;)
irvinehomeowner said:
Hmm... should I bring my 360 dunks (aka airballs) to Beckman tonight too?

irvinehomeowner said:

Just kidding.

If you guys want to meet up early Saturdays to play some ball, I'm game too :)

I'll be standing in line to get my Mongolian BBQ cooked wearing comfy elastic workout pants... see you guys there..

homer_simpson said:
I'll probably be out there around 6:30 or 7.  I'll be the guy in the Stanford gear chucking up shots!

I'll be the one holding a 10-foot banner that says "IHO! IHO! IHO!" in huge letters. Maybe Socal can join us and take some photos. And then we'll all go out for Cuban food!

homer_simpson said:
If you guys want to meet up early Saturdays to play some ball, I'm game too :)
Time and place home-slice.

We should probably find a court where no one is around so maybe other TI-ers will show up and not worry about being able to have mad baller skillz.

What's central to you guys? Northern Irvine (north of Irvine Center Drive) or Southern Irvine?

And someone should bring donuts. :)

Hey guys, how do you change the position line of your profile on TI? (i.e. Tourist or Yearning for 949 / 714)?

Thanks.

Baller4Life said:
Hey guys, how do you change the position line of your profile on TI? (i.e. Tourist or Yearning for 949 / 714)?

Thanks.

You gotta take everyone (Socal78, Trac, IHO, PS9, Me, CZ,) out to lunch and magically it changes...
funny-date-girl-guy-true-story-meme.jpg

Back