[IHB] API & Equity

The median price is expected to be lower in older neighborhoods where homes are larger. The newer neighborhoods have much higher concentration of entry level smaller detached homes therefore the value ratio is substantially higher.

rkp said:
i thought woodbury fed into irvine HS and not northwood....

Part of Woodbury comes under Northwood High, I think. What I did was, plugged random addresses from redfin into the IUSD school locator and listed those schools. Now that I check more houses, it shows the High School as Irvine High.

Ex:35 Diamond #92
Irvine school locator says:

35 Diamond is assigned to the following schools:

Elementary school
Stonegate Elementary
100 Honors
Phone: 949-936-6450

Middle school
Sierra Vista Middle
2 Liberty
Phone: 949-936-6600

High school
Northwood High
4515 Portola Parkway
Phone: 949-936-7200

Cubic Zirconia said:
rkp said:
i thought woodbury fed into irvine HS and not northwood....

Part of Woodbury comes under Northwood High, I think. What I did was, plugged random addresses from redfin into the IUSD school locator and listed those schools. Now that I check more houses, it shows the High School as Irvine High.

Ex:35 Diamond #92
Irvine school locator says:

35 Diamond is assigned to the following schools:

Elementary school
Stonegate Elementary
100 Honors
Phone: 949-936-6450

Middle school
Sierra Vista Middle
2 Liberty
Phone: 949-936-6600

High school
Northwood High
4515 Portola Parkway
Phone: 949-936-7200

I believe the address you referenced is located in Stonegate, which feeds into Northwood High

I think order of preference is:

University
Northwood
Irvine
Woodbridge

(the last 2 are interchangeable... Beckman could probably go in there too)

No, I think Northwood is above Irvine High.
What do they screen high schools on? The scores or the percentage of kids that make it to better colleges?

Yeah, Northwood is ranked higher, but I think I'd rather have my child go to Irvine if I had a choice between the two. Irvine High seems to be a little less academically competitive. There's also a bit more diversity.

traceimage said:
Yeah, Northwood is ranked higher, but I think I'd rather have my child go to Irvine if I had a choice between the two. Irvine High seems to be a little less academically competitive. There's also a bit more diversity.

I tend to agree with you
IHO's got the order correct
The first two schools are the most sought after

Diamond is the street name for some of the San Marcos homes. Redfin often puts Stonegate homes under Woodbury. The best way to tell is by year built and price. If built in 2011 or later, less than high 900's and detached, it must be Stonegate.

Woodbury residents do have the option to send kids to Stonegate elementary unless they change that.

I would avoid going to Irvine high school. Most of Irvine ghettos feed into Irvine high (cross-reference with the prior post on Irvine's housing stock).

I would rank the High schools in this order:
Tier 1:
University
Northwood

Tier 2:
Beckman
Woodbridge

Tier 3:
Irvine
Tustin high school

So how many of you have children in high school or about college bound? You are all shopping for schools like your kids are the future scholars. Let me paint you a more realistic picture. Your kids will come home with mostly B's and C grade by the time they attend high schools. The competitions are really tough. Are you the tiger parents who will quit your job just to drive your kids from Kumon to Sylvan to Oxford to Chinese Cultural Center to Swimming to Piano Tutor to volunteering service to CTY John Hopkins then to all the after school sports and or orchestra and band practice. The answer is no because both parents need the income to pay for mortgage, MR and HOA. You are already at a disadvantage when coming to giving your kids the proper tool to succeed in the top Irvine schools.

The straight As kids are trained like Chinese Gymnasts from toddlers just to kick your kids ass in all curriculums. These kids start at zero period at 7 am in the morning then continue to 2:30pm. The parents will cut you off in the parking lot because they must pick up their kids to get to Oxford tutoring by 3pm then back to school by 4:30 for athletic team or orchestra practice. They will then be rushed home for dinner with meal already prepared by grand parents. Piano lessons begin at 7 and must be home by 8:30 for homeworks and studying. These kids stay up pass midnight and the next day cycle begin at 7am at school.

Summer meant no vacation. More tutoring and SAT for the next academic year or some volunteer services in a  3rd world country. if the kid has student government then more time away from home to take care of school businesses.

These super kids will shame just about any average kids and this type of pressure is no joke.

If you feel like a loser compared to Indies wealth and demeanor. A $100k or even $200k means nothing to him. Do you have any idea to the magnitude of his remodel while you are just shopping for your modest little cookie jar? This is just mild compared for what your children having to go through feeling like a loser compared to the well nurtured academic scholars in their school.

irvinehomeshopper said:
So how many of you have children in high school or about college bound? You are all shopping for schools like your kids are the future scholars. Let me paint you a more realistic picture. Your kids will come home with mostly B's and C grade by the time they attend high schools. The competitions are really tough. Are you the tiger parents who will quit your job just to drive your kids from Kumon to Sylvan to Oxford to Chinese Cultural Center to Swimming to Piano Tutor to volunteering service to CTY John Hopkins then to all the after school sports and or orchestra and band practice. The answer is no because both parents need the income to pay for mortgage, MR and HOA. You are already at a disadvantage when coming to giving your kids the proper tool to succeed in the top Irvine schools.

The straight As kids are trained like Chinese Gymnasts from toddlers just to kick your kids ass in all curriculums. These kids start at zero period at 7 am in the morning then continue to 2:30pm. The parents will cut you off in the parking lot because they must pick up their kids to get to Oxford tutoring by 3pm then back to school by 4:30 for athletic team or orchestra practice. They will then be rushed home for dinner with meal already prepared by grand parents. Piano lessons begin at 7 and must be home by 8:30 for homeworks and studying. These kids stay up pass midnight and the next day cycle begin at 7am at school.

Summer meant no vacation. More tutoring and SAT for the next academic year or some volunteer services in a  3rd world country. if the kid has student government then more time away from home to take care of school businesses.

These super kids will shame just about any average kids and this type of pressure is no joke.

If you feel like a loser compared to Indies wealth and demeanor. A $100k or even $200k means nothing to him. Do you have any idea to the magnitude of his remodel while you are just shopping for your modest little cookie jar? This is just mild compared for what your children having to go through feeling like a loser compared to the well nurtured academic scholars in their school.

quit sugarcoating...what's it really like?

Miserable! Harvard dream shattered. Dreading that license plate frame that reads " Parent of UCI student".

MovingOnUp said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

quit sugarcoating...what's it really like?

irvinehomeshopper said:

Boy, I'm so glad I did not have to go through all of that.  The fear of a some belt lashes in the behind were all the inspiration that I needed to do well in school (that and a very good memory helped). 

Back