[IHB] What is the Condition of Irvine?s Housing Stock?

Older housing stocks were constructed during an era when builders cut corners and used inferior building materials. Their longevity is limited and without a HOA to enforce maintenance the dilapidated condition is no different than other OC's early garden cities.

Random question for Zovall for something that I just noticed yesterday:

Why did you decide to use Aliso Viejo in the IHB inventory chart?
http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/inventory/

I'm not complaining.  I actually like it since that is probably where I will be moving.  Just curious how you decided on that one since its much smaller than Irvine.

For everyone else:  Was it a "normal" inventory for Irvine?  Would it be like 1000-1100 homes? or should it be like over 1200 like it was on that chart in 2008?

26inirvine said:
Why did you decide to use Aliso Viejo in the IHB inventory chart?

I've been collecting data on a few different areas for quite a while now.  When I changed the charting software last year, I wanted to see how easy it was to add another series and I picked AV as that is another area that I had data for (and am interested in). :)

irvinehomeshopper said:
Older housing stocks were constructed during an era when builders cut corners and used inferior building materials. Their longevity is limited and without a HOA to enforce maintenance the dilapidated condition is no different than other OC's early garden cities.

Of the homes in Irvine, what era do you think builders cut fewer corners and used better materials?

Back