[IHB] A Review of the Santa Maria Tract at Stonegate

Is it required by law, that the builder/developer inform all prospective buyers about the Frank Bowerman Landfill near Stonegate or even at Portola Springs?

I was at Woodbury/Stonegate and noticed many trash trucks driving on Sand Canyon Road. Is this going to be like this for many years to come? Forever?

socalquest,
Yes. For every buyer, they are provided with the so the called environmental report, with very detailed descriptions of everything surrounding the Stonegate area, including the future Gateway Park, farming activities near-by, the reservoir and of course the landfill (unfortunately ancient Indian burial sites and Honor Farm are excluded). You'd get the same thing for Laguna Altura which probably would include noise disturbance from 133 and 405, and future retail developement across Laguna Canyon road.

Sand Canyon is the designated commercial truck route and the landfill is expected to open until 205x. So people who live by Sand Canyon and Portola (Bee's canyon access road to the landfill is on Portola and north of Paragon) are screwed.

I salute Wendy for a very good analytical post. bravo! She described my experience as I walked through the units. I encourage everyone to check out that bottomless pit courtyard she described. It will haunt you forever.

So we went to go visit these today....

I actually liked Residence 3. YES... it's true that the dining table goes right in between the kitchen and living area, and I wish there were 1-2 more feet on each side, but I don't mind it. It is, afterall, a Great Room. The patio is a little small, and I liked it less than the reviewer. I would definitely keep the 3rd bedroom and not turn it into a den. The bedrooms are a good size. The big problem with this place is the overall size of the living/dining area and the fact that it feels a little too much like an apartment. That said, I think it's good value for $530K for 1614sq ft when you compare it to everything else on the market right now.

Back