[IHB] A Review of the Capistrano Tract at Stonegate East

Nice going, CZ. You put a lot of work into that one.

My favorite part of any review on new homes are the photos. It's been a hobby of mine for many years to visit model homes, take pictures, come back home and pick apart the choice in decor. In fact, I'm more interested in the staging than the home themselves. I'm sure I can't be the only one who does this. It's always a nice feeling when I locate an exact match for an item (which isn't often so it's like hitting the lotto) or something similar but at a good value.

Take this photo, for example:

Master%20bed-%20Residence%202_550_330.jpg

The focal point of this room is the winged headboard. Winged furniture has been making a comeback in home trends lately. If you wanted your bedroom to match this one at Capistrano, you could easily have two good choices to pick from such as either of these with a scalloped design or winged back. Both have similar upholstery and where the model's has piping, these have better quality frames which have the same visual effect:

prod80049_F11
prod1720004_F11

The two pictured above are from Restoration Hardware:http://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/category/products.jsp?categoryId=cat1600007
While they are not inexpensive, this is not the kind of item you're going to find at Target. Trust me on this.

The next thing my eye goes to are those glass lamps on the nightstands. Glass lamps are a popular items these days however turquoise seems to be the Color Du Jour when you search most stores. The orange is a bit harder to find. A good match would be this substitute which I actually like better. It has a nice amber glow. It's an "Aged Mirror Table Lamp Base" from Cost Plus World Market. It's crafted from "mercury glass" whereas the most common glass lamps are more prismatic.:

pCPWM-10342889v300x300.jpg
http://www.worldmarket.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11652075
$50 a pop. Very doable. Pair it with a classic white drum shade that is easily found at any store and you're good to go.

Do you like to analyze model home photos too? I've noticed several members here say they would like their new Irvine home to look like the model. Have you had success in replicating what you've seen?

I like to see the model homes, but when it comes to "staging" my home, it's a different style. I put comfort before anything else.

Anytime I walk into a model home, I imagine the room full of everyday things, and try to see how that would work. I would really love to stage a new home as it would look when a family moves in. Not messed up, but taking into account the things that would be on the coffee table, or even on the kitchen island in the real world, in a real home, with a real family.

BTW, I like your idea of analyzing the interiors. Post the model rooms, and where we can find similar things..

Most builders put Queen size frames/mattresses with overstuffed bedding where King sized are usually the norm. Small single beds where twins are supposed to go... that kind of stuff.  Did you see any intentional miniaturization of furniture going on in your tour? 

Intentional Miniaturization- that's what it is!
If you throw in a backpack, and a bunch of books in the secondary bedrooms, there is hardly space to step anywhere. You don't have to bring in the toys also. Same with the reading space in the Master bedroom. Itty bitty chairs will make you wonder what was that hullabaloo about cuddling up with your favorite book and a cup of coffee :)

Soylent Green Is People said:
Most builders put Queen size frames/mattresses with overstuffed bedding where King sized are usually the norm. Small single beds where twins are supposed to go... that kind of stuff.  Did you see any intentional miniaturization of furniture going on in your tour? 

You've got to feel sorry for the red-headed step child who got the short end of the stick with the sleeping quarters crammed under this corner unit. Sleep well, little one.

Secondary%20Bedroom-%20Residence%203_550_330.jpg

The stagers employ a variety of tricks to give the illusion of space. If anyone here remembers the old furniture chain Jennifer Convertibles -- they specialized in small-scale furniture that was often used in models.

LOL! I wanted to post a few pictures, and this one too SoCal, but couldn't figure out how to do it.
I went "inset image" and all I saw was img/img. Any pointers?

There is one more gem of a bunk bed picture. Want to post that..

Maricopa%20Res%201%20bd%202_550_413.jpg

This is one! And there is one more..
There is hardly any space to move that bed out and sleep comfortably. The kid will bump into the study table.

Cubic Zirconia said:
LOL! I wanted to post a few pictures, and this one too SoCal, but couldn't figure out how to do it.
I went "inset image" and all I saw was img/img. Any pointers?

There is one more gem of a bunk bed picture. Want to post that..

RC explains it well here:http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php?topic=2241.msg31804#msg31804
When the image is already uploaded as it is on IHB, you can right-click and select "Copy Image URL".
Looks like you got it.

Bump-bump-bump. Either into the wall, or into the study table.
Oh well, at least that will remind them to put the backpack away and push the chair in after homework is done.

Attachments

• Plan 1-Bedroom 2.jpg
    436 KB · Views: 313
Cubic Zirconia said:
BTW, I like your idea of analyzing the interiors. Post the model rooms, and where we can find similar things..

Sure thing. If there is a picture anyone likes from the blog posts - past, present, or future - go ahead and post it. I'm open to suggestions. I can hunt down most pieces.

Back