Listings that pique my interest... feedback?

ps99472 said:
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/32-Torrey-Pne-92620/home/5931656

Seems nice.. love the street address... what do you guys think?  probably go for listed price?  I would pay about $50k less..

Heard through the grapevine listing has multiple offers already--maybe you as well  ;)

I like the floor plan, especially the studio/grandma flat above the garage with separate stair entrance. The lot size is relatively small and most of the open space is taken up by the driveway / courtyard but it is a corner lot and should get more light.

Negatives - Corner lot where you will get cars passing by/headlights. Kind of at the "T" of Shadowplay and the Motorcourt so you may get more headlights from there. Will fall quickly in the zombie apocalypse. Lot is very small. Very minor thing as well is the fan above the master bedroom, I hate things above the bed.

Positives - Northwood! House looks great and it probably will hold value.

I checked it out this past Saturday.  The listing agent indicated that she already had 5 offers and "hinted" that if anyone is serious about purchasing the home, they should offer at full asking price.

Liked most if it but living room/family room area a tad small. Huge kitchen and dining but other rooms, including bedrooms are rather small.

kalbi said:
I checked it out this past Saturday.  The listing agent indicated that she already had 5 offers and "hinted" that if anyone is serious about purchasing the home, they should offer at full asking price.

Liked most if it but living room/family room area a tad small. Huge kitchen and dining but other rooms, including bedrooms are rather small.

There they go again.

Isn't "We already have X offers" the same as "The check is in the mail"?

I don't know how many open houses I've been to where the realtor has told me they have a "full-price all-cash offer" and I check a few weeks later and the listing is still active... or even has a price reduction. Those type of comments actually make me want the home less because I don't want to get into a bidding war with some uber-rich FCB.

yep, i call bs on the "we already got multiple offers" crap.  also, she was going on and on about how this is a "superior product" compared to other homes nearby.  she told a couple prospective buyers that "although this house is just across the street from woodbury, this house is zoned for Northwood HS.  You don't want your kids to go to Irvine HS, do you? this is why this house is superior."

That's a really small lot for the size of the home.

Northpark is a nice neighborhood though, one of the best in the slums of Irvine north of the 405.

IndieDev said:

Northpark is a nice neighborhood though, one of the best in the slums of Irvine north of the 405.

Thought that was in NWII

homer_simpson said:
IndieDev said:

Thought that was in NWII

Oh you're right. For some reason that house looks like one I've been to in Northpark and I just automatically made the association.

I recant my previous statement. I'd never live in a slum like Northweed.

how is NWII a slum?  its gated and new...then again, why am i feeding a troll?

we have friends who live in this floor plan and kitchen area is fun during party times but it doesnt have that great room feeling and feels broken up.  the granny flat might work as a rental for a single person but dont see much other benefit from it.  its not convenient for guests who have to walk outside and up outdoor stairs and not great for parents as they tend to be older and prefer ground floor rooms.

I'm not that much of a fan of that floorplan... it doesn't feel like "3100" square feet (we have a friend who has the same model).

rkp said:
how is NWII a slum?  its gated and new...then again, why am i feeding a troll?

we have friends who live in this floor plan and kitchen area is fun during party times but it doesnt have that great room feeling and feels broken up.  the granny flat might work as a rental for a single person but dont see much other benefit from it.  its not convenient for guests who have to walk outside and up outdoor stairs and not great for parents as they tend to be older and prefer ground floor rooms.

don't mind indie.  to him, pretty much all of irvine is a slum even though apparently he still lives in irvine.  sounds like a bitter old man to me. trying to get out of irvine and allegedly buy in CDM but has yet to make the move.

Back