Tech @ Work

roundcorners

Thank the Lord for Google Reader... just figured out how to listen to my Podcast subscriptions last night, syncs well with Google Listen..!  Makes the work day fly... :D

6643906637_b9f9b09e95_z.jpg

thank the Lord for Web Connected HP Printers... Gmail to Print... cause, faxing is just sooo 90s & believe it or not, some businesses do not allow some of their employees to have email or internet on their computers  :mad:  just saved me about 300 monthly minutes with this particular client  :-\

6644138543_4d51af75b5_z.jpg

hp-web-connected-printers.jpg

Ever wonder how RC manages to capture these amazing pictures in my posts??? Well U can too...!  It's easy in Windows, to take a picture of anything you see on your screen, simply press:

[Ctrl] Control & [PrtScn] Print Screen Button

image.axd

It's really old school Copy & Past before Control C & V...

You just capture a screen shot of your screen as you see it; so you can capture a image of a video you are watching, a PDF picture that you can't simply copy, a whatever...

Then go and open up.. OG MS Paint...

paintscreen.gif

Do the regular [Ctrl] & [V] and you just pasted your screen capture to the Paint Program...

There you can edit, crop, and re-size your image, click Save, I like JPG, then I can upload it to Flickr or whatever image program you want...

From, there, say Flickr you can, right click to get the image, URL and you can then...

Click on the image button on you TI posting page...

6720940105_4246804fba_z.jpg

see... what I just did there?  that would bring up, the  command... you can then paste your picture URL in between the {img}http://flickr...your picture url{/img}... and there you go...!

besides, giving us dazzling pictures of you computer, which I expect more of around here...!  You people with smart phones, cameras and Google image... Screen capturing is great for work...!

Your boring email to you boss and clients can now include any image of your choice...  How do you think I get the attention of my customers or owners with just text email...?

I discovered the website, Lifehacker this week... really neat, cool geeky how-tos & general tips... today's post caught my attention...

Nice step-by step on how to get that ICS look on the Windows 7 desktop...  I already got the wallpaper, Roboto Font & some Icons...  I hope to get some Clock Widgets by the end of the day... there is this thing call -working- that I have to do also...

The Ice Cream Sandwich Desktop -http://lifehacker.com/5877460/the-ice-cream-sandwich-desktop
57fc5182c033c942db93564576da1f99.jpg

Gonna put this out here... What are you guys using for corporate Video Conferencing?  One on one or group to group... or how about -groups- individually at their PCs talking to, some people(s), elsewhere... if that makes, sense...

But I don't want to have to buy video cameras for everyone...  the only thing I can think of is Skype, that can't be the only thing for enterprise... is there..?

Here is what Lifehacker tells me...
http://lifehacker.com/video-conferencing/

Cisco WebEx
medium_c54a3993f79b24b591712bcd5838fa83.jpg

GoToMeeting
medium_299e6a5c54da0d23726e980964de522f.jpg

Google+ Hangouts
4c8dac9021c288ff64e1b1c6746ba751.jpg

TeamViewer
c303455d724483b194e9597a628fe000.jpg

Join.me
medium_de64d6bb97a8e43b87e136dea167e2da.jpg

I like the free ones, TeamViewer since, I already have it installed... & the whole remote desktop should be great for presentations...!

Not exactly sure of the hardware or software, but it's heavy duty stuff.  We have rooms set for video conferencing that include huge 80"+ screens, dedicated cameras controlled by a touch screen device with multiple windows onscreen to see between sites.  We have offices globally and there is no lag.  I believe we use Cisco products.

roundcorners said:
Click on the image button on you TI posting page...

6720940105_4246804fba_z.jpg

see... what I just did there?  that would bring up, the  command... you can then paste your picture URL in between the {img}http://flickr...your picture url{/img}... and there you go...!

If a member would like to upload their photo directly to Talk Irvine they may do that also. Look for the button called "Additional Options" below the text box when you make a post. Click on it. It will display an area to attach a file. The photo will not appear in quite the same manner as it does in the step above but saves a little effort if you want.

jvna said:
Not exactly sure of the hardware or software, but it's heavy duty stuff.  We have rooms set for video conferencing that include huge 80"+ screens, dedicated cameras controlled by a touch screen device with multiple windows onscreen to see between sites.  We have offices globally and there is no lag.  I believe we use Cisco products.

we're more... um, shoestring; trying to put together a budget... looks like I'll be running to Fry's

jvna sounds like they use the stuff you see in movies or TV shows like 24 where the Prez conferences in with another world leader.

Just use a notebook with cam, put the cam window on a projector via dual display... it's ghetto but it works... although at that size, the person looks like one of those pixelated blurred out people that don't want their faces on Cops.

I'm actually just discovering the LAX website...
http://www.airport-la.com/

I made a LAX ran last night, and I'll be making another one tonight... I can keep track of the progress of the flight throughout the day; and time the arrival with traffic conditions, just right...

6761485423_98e2c2cc53_z.jpg

long gone (hopefully) are those days, where I have to find parking, fight the crowds, get out into the terminal and look at that hideously confusing flight board...

another way, using my Android is bettering my life...

anybody else with an -i- user care to share, any tips...?  see how I didn't even say who I'm picking up, from where, which fight or what "intimate" details if you don't care to share...

@rc: Whenever you wonder about what -i- can do, just remember this song from Annie Get Your Gun:

"Anything you can do, -i- can do better!"

[youtube]bmoKhFJRUOk[/youtube]

How annoying...

oh really, I'm trying to be as objective as possible... just clicked on an article just out of curiosity...

Belfry brings Stocks and Weather, other native iPhone apps to jailbroken iPadshttp://www.engadget.com/2012/01/25/belfry-bring-iphone-apps-to-jailbroken-ipad/

belfry-1327443688.jpg

Take a look at the video, I didn't even know this, but you need to Jailbreak just to get Stocks, Calculator, voice memo, compass and Weather on the Ipad?  really?  I mean, you ipad owners have some other app that can do that, right now, right?

ok, the one-track -i- device thing, is driving me crazy...

Why can't I check Stocks, like on a Android Widget on the home screen, without opening up any app, & have a Calculator Widget next to it to crunch numbers... again without opening or closing apps...?

I really just don't get it, can some one other than IHO please enlighten me..

zovall said:
Valid from 3pm - 6pm only?

Shoot... didn't see that, 3-6 works great for us anyways... if you never been, the place is great, you can blow through the place in under one hour or linger all day long...

We love staying past closing time, usually you can just hang, way past 6:45 looking at the Harbor Seals, they don't make a fuss at all, LB peeps are cool that way...

Love the place.  We had an annual family membership that's expired now.  The next time we go, we'll probably get another annual membership.  We've gone enough to make up the cost difference.

Back