New Car

Cayenne? Someone must have had a great year! A guy in my office bought one after searching high and low for one. The base model is a stripped car at $60k. Out the door the way you'd expect a luxury car to be equipped - $88k or higher. My $12,000 Sequoia 4WD will out run, out climb this guys Tourage Cayenne any day of the week.

Soylent Green Is People said:
Cayenne? Someone must have had a great year! A guy in my office bought one after searching high and low for one. The base model is a stripped car at $60k. Out the door the way you'd expect a luxury car to be equipped - $88k or higher. My $12,000 Sequoia 4WD will out run, out climb this guys Tourage Cayenne any day of the week.
I never buy new cars, I always buy used just like my dad taught me.  You can pick up a late model Cayenne with low miles for 25-30%+ below sticker price. 

ps99472 said:
What's wrong with minivans?  I like the new Quest.
You must like the Nissan Cube too.

I hate those boxy designs Nissan has come out with... but any minivan is better than anything else... bwahahahahaha!

new%2Baston%2Bmartin%2Bvirage%2Bmarch%2B2011%2B3.jpg

I'm pegging TraceImage for an Aston Martin... maybe Virage?

-IR2

Starlight East said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Go minivan or go home.

No way. traceimage would go for something cooler, but still practical. My guess: Toyota Rav4

Thank you, but my cool days are loooong gone. I realized this just moments ago, when I was summoned to the bathroom to wipe my child's butt.

traceimage said:
Starlight East said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Go minivan or go home.

No way. traceimage would go for something cooler, but still practical. My guess: Toyota Rav4

Thank you, but my cool days are loooong gone. I realized this just moments ago, when I was summoned to the bathroom to wipe my child's butt.
You can still be the cool soccer mom blowing past people in your Cayenne Turbo.  8)

USCTrojanCPA said:
traceimage said:
Starlight East said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Go minivan or go home.

You can still be the cool soccer mom blowing past people in your Cayenne Turbo.  8)

Haha, I wish. So not my style. :)

traceimage said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
traceimage said:
Starlight East said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Go minivan or go home.

How about a few hints? Domestic or Foreign? Van, sedan, or crossover/wagon/suv?

honda odyssey would be nice (my guess).  not a huge fan of the lightning bolt window, but the car does look slick (can't believe i'm saying this!)

friend just picked one up, said they aren't even offering very good discounts.  was surprised to hear what he paid for a non-loaded version that basically just has leather (easier to clean up after the kids).  both the odyssey and sienna are in our sights in the not to distant future... sad... 

if it were up to me, i'd go with a less practical x-over/suv just for the sake of staving off the minivan (but its soooo convenient!)

iacrenter said:
traceimage said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
traceimage said:
Starlight East said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Go minivan or go home.

All the minivan guessers are right! It's a Toyota Sienna.

I think Mazda makes a mini minivan... looks almost like a car but has the minivan sliding doors.. always convenient with kids.

traceimage said:
iacrenter said:
traceimage said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
traceimage said:
Starlight East said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Go minivan or go home.

All the minivan guessers are right! It's a Toyota Sienna.

Good choice. Congratulations. Enjoy the new ride. My wife is itching for a vehicle with automatic sliding doors but I have yet to consent.

Back