accident at bryan and culver

akim997

heard there was a fatality tonight at bryan and culver.  really sucks to have something like that happen day before xmas eve...  havent seen anything on news yet...  i cant recall if this is the same intersection where a nw high student was killed by a drunk driver last year.  tragic.

akim997 said:
heard there was a fatality tonight at bryan and culver.  really sucks to have something like that happen day before xmas eve...  havent seen anything on news yet...  i cant recall if this is the same intersection where a nw high student was killed by a drunk driver last year.  tragic.

Sorry to hear about that recent accident. The previous drunk driver fatality you refer to was at Culver & Irvine Blvd.

There should be a DUI check point for Culver, Jeffrey and Sand Canyon to discourage speeding and drunk driving on these straight and wide roads. The previous incident stepped up alertness for IPD.

I wonder if these checkpoints are random, how many DUI's go thru bryan and culver?  maybe closer to culver and walnut to catch all the drunkards leaving buffalo wild wings..  i would think the closer you are to a bar/restaurant (BWW, Yardhouse, BJs, etc.) the better..  and wouldn't it be a deterrent when you hit a sobriety check point before getting to the restaurant?  Costa Mesa PD sets up on Newport Blvd, usually before the 55, thats a great bottleneck location..

Three big accidents happened on Culver between Portola and 5 last year. Two dead, one was the teenage girl, and another the old lady. A boy was run over by a SUV at Portola, but luckily he survived. May be that's the reason they chose this side of Culver, but they should have set it on the other side of the street, where the drunk people head home..
I think they issued 4/5 DUIs after checking around 500 cars.

The big streets in Irvine have extremely high speed limits, in my opinion. That was one thing that surprised me when I moved here. I was accustomed to local city streets having speed limits around 40 mph.

Back