Scion iQ

irvinehomeowner

Cars are transportation technology right?

This one is dedicated to PeterUK (I hear he is cycling again).

I was listening to the radio and an ad about the Scion iQ came on. What caught my attention is their tagline... "America's smallest 4-seater". Really? Is that something to be proud of? Not sure how great for marketing that line is... because I know when I shop for a car... I want it to be roomy... not "smallest".

Anyways, here's a picture:

009_scioniqyc_opt.jpg

I swear I think my kid got one of those for Christmas last year, it's in his closet.

PeterUK is an avid bicyclist and from... well... the UK. So maybe that's why he likes these Mini-Me cars.

i saw one of these at the toyota dealership the other day when i was getting an oil change - it looked pretty damn small.  the sticker on it was about 15-16K. for that price why wouldnt you get something like a civic/versa which is much more roomier.

my goal is to one day single handedly flip over one of these cars. ill have to start doing some deadlifts and squats.

qwerty said:
my goal is to one day single handedly flip over one of these cars. ill have to start doing some deadlifts and squats.
I think you can do that now.

At that price... it better get 100mpg... although it looks like it runs on 6 D-cells.

It's a 4 seat SmartCar. Nothing new to here. Is that a two stroke engine under the hood?

irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:
I think you can do that now.

At that price... it better get 100mpg... although it looks like it runs on 6 D-cells.

MPG was about 36. I have a full size hybrid and get 38 MPG

Back