Attorney/ RE pro needed to review offer/ contract

akim997

Does anyone have a referral for a RE attorney or RE professional with experience in reviewing RE offers/ contracts?  My mom is selling an apartment building and has been approached by a RE investor who has his license.  He sent an offer in written in letter format.  I need someone to review the terms against what is considered normal/ acceptable to see if he's trying anything funny.  Thanks.

akim997 said:
Does anyone have a referral for a RE attorney or RE professional with experience in reviewing RE offers/ contracts?  My mom is selling an apartment building and has been approached by a RE investor who has his license.  He sent an offer in written in letter format.  I need someone to review the terms against what is considered normal/ acceptable to see if he's trying anything funny.  Thanks.

I'm happy to oblige. If you don't have my contact info already, I'm doing something wrong.  ;-)

I worked in the commercial real estate lending industry for several years and know several bankers and developers/investors in the industry.  I also have access to CoStar (MLS for commercial properties) via one of my clients.  Shoot me a PM if I can help.

thanks to those who helped provide some input.  We've adjusted the contract and seller has agreed in terms.  But just like the Lakers' Chris Paul deal, there is nothing set in stone.  Buyer to do a walk-through inspection of units on Monday.  Word of advice - don't mess with old grumpy Asian women, they are tough negotiators.  My mom increased the  ask price by $150K and the seller didn't bat an eyelash. 

Back