Just got a smog done.. $43 bucks OTD.. good price?

ps99472

Done at ACE Smog in Santa Ana near Century HS at the Shell station.. they have a promo, if you mention yelp (got great reviews) you get $17 off.  Kid doing the Smog is friendly and gives good customer service

You can go to Bolsa and have it done for about $30 OTD (depending on car) and use that $13 at one of the "Vietnamese Coffee Shops" (Which I have never been to and only heard about  :-\)

So it's a Smog check/Viet coffee combo place?  cool concept... even better then donuts and chinese food..

Tyler Durden said:
raising the dead again here... anyone get a smog check done recently?  As this thread is a few years old, i figured it would be timely to do a pulse check of deals that might be out there.

I know the rich guys like Homer and PS9 driving new cars don't have this issue, but some of us folks need to keep the old hoopty running.  8)

When did I get lumped in with Homer?  I'm driving a Avalon! 

I'm happy with $40 all in.  For me, convenience trumps price for smog checks.  I would rather drive to somewhere close and have no wait vs driving somewhere kinda far to save $10.

I think the places in the more interesting parts of town may be for people with slightly gray area modifications to their vehicles. 

$30-$40 seems reasonable. 

I like this place.  The guy is very polite and courteous.  It is a bit far though.  When I have to make drives like this, I typically just go eat at a great restaurant in the area to make the trip more worth it.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/dinhs-pass-or-dont-pay-smog-check-orange

if u go to those Vietnamese cafe / smog checks, make sure u schedule ur smog check on body paint days (i know some have it some dont... but the better ones usually have it)...

hahahaha...

Went to ACE Smog earlier today to smog check one of my cars.  Still $30 if you mention Yelp.  Got it done in 15 minutes.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Went to ACE Smog earlier today to smog check one of my cars.  Still $30 if you mention Yelp.  Got it done in 15 minutes.

Smog check?! With all your deals closing you're not driving a Tesla P100D?

Cares said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Smog check?! With all your deals closing you're not driving a Tesla P100D?

Not a fan of electric cars, I like gas engines.  haha

Back