So if TI members are refugees from IHB then...

sgip

Where are all of the housing related thread posts going to get started under?

Will this be a Housing related blog?

SGIP... that's what you get for working instead of spending every minute reading every thread here.

Until 12/4, TI isn't allowed to have its own RE forums, but talk about RE is not restricted (so go post some thread under General Discussion).

Once the restraining order has been lifted, our friendly neighborhood SoCal is going to add the different areas and this will once again feel like home (the furniture is in transit so sit on the floor until it gets here).

LOL. You're so funny, IHO. Ditto what you said. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

Soylent: "Will this be a Housing related blog?" -- You know, honestly, as the welcome message vaguely stated - Ideally I'd love to see this be a community site where all topics pertaining to Irvine (including local surrounding communities) and the interests of the bloggers are discussed. Real estate would certainly be a part of it, however, I can't say it will necessarily be the backbone of these forums as it was IHB. I understand some came here expecting a clone or IHB 2.0. I would hope this site may have its own flavor, but I guess we won't know the outcome until... we're there! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

I actually like everything under 1 general discussion forum.

This site should really keep this design until threads reach a critical mass where another topic forum is needed.

People like to post where everyone can see it, and sometimes when I posted in the old "Architectural" thread in IHB, I felt my audience was diminished. Hardly anyone would go there and you could hear crickets.

This is just something to keep in mind when you start creating new forum topics.

I somewhat agree with zubs but I do think Real Estate should be parsed out.

I like how the "lifestyles" area was parsed so that I could avoid Politics and concentrate on areas like Parenting.

And because there is an Irvine-centric focus, there should probably at least be two sections for Irvine RE and non-Irvine RE (although there could be an argument for Orange County RE and non-Orange County RE).

And zubs... I'm glad avatars don't actually have sound.

I could go back to cracked out morpheus, but boom headshot guy was what I have at the time. I did try to put this one up, but it didn't come up properly.

free_candy.jpg

If in a General Discussion area it might be a bit hard to sort through for anyone wanting to have info on Irvine housing. Perhaps in the Econ forum.

Now where will that Real Housewives post get re-started? The show makes me throw up in my mouth a bit, but the IHB summaries were delicious.

Cheers,

We also have the option of doing sub-boards, so that might be something to consider as well. Ex: Real Estate> (sub-board) Irvine RE and (sub-board) OC RE. Hmm. We'll have to figure out something soon.

Back