Sawdust Festival

A

Anonymous

Has anyone ever gone to the Sawdust Festival in Laguna Beach? Thinking of hitting it up this weekend. Supposedly they have "real" snow for kids to play in. Sounds like it could be fun.

I went many many years ago when I used to work for a Summer Kids Camp. The Sawdust Festival was one of the field trips we took them on and they enjoyed it.

It has probably changed quite a bit since then but I think it's worth the time to check it out at least once. If I went now, there are probably a few things I would buy for my house and/or my kids since I had neither back then.

trace, the Sawdust is a venue that everyone must go to at least once, the Kids will love it especially if there's Snow!! I prefer night time because it's a better atmosphere but daylight hours are nice too...just go!!

trace - I don't know this first-hand, but I've heard it's not very stroller-friendly. That is why I haven't gone in recent years but hope to now that we're done with them. I can't remember but I think it was you who mentioned the stroller issue with your son.

Thanks for the info, everyone. SoCal, you're right, it was me that had the stroller issue. (My son was unbuckling himself and standing up in the stroller.) We ended up buying an umbrella stroller that he can't unbuckle by himself. It's small, so maybe it would work at the festival. But if not, I guess we'll just have to let our son walk around on his own...which he would LOVE, of course!

Just get him one of these:
200x178HermSprengerChainChoke.jpg

that will keep him in line.

Is there something for adults other than looking at art? Food? Drink? Opinions?

And I still think the kid leash is one of the best inventions ever. I know some folks get uppity about it, but keeping your child just as safe yet semi-independent as your dog seems like a no-brainer to me.

Here's their link: Sawdust Art Festival

All details regarding hours / price / events are on the homepage. Per Caycifish request, here is the official refreshment list. Enjoy!:

DEB'S DELI
hot soups, chili, gourmet sandwiches, hot dogs & hot drinks

ESPRESSO ON THE GO
coffee, pastries and sweets

FRAN'S POPCORN
kettle corn, ice cream and candies

MARK'S RESTAURANT
Mexican favorites of tacos, burritos, taquitos & quesadillas

PAPPOU'S MEDITERRANEAN GRILLE
Greek appetizers, soups, Pappour plates, pita bundles, pasta and treats

SALLIE'S FUNNEL CAKES
funnel cakes and other fried delights

SAWDUST SALOON
one of the largest and coldest draft selections in town, great wine, and other libations

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]Man... SoCal's menu post makes me want to go.

(stupid bacteria)[/quote]

We can all head to the sawdust saloon and kill off bacteria!

We go to the sawdust festival the time with our kids. Typically there are at least 2 kids activities, such as making simple ceramics or a craft project. There's food, cocktails and live music, among other things. Makes for a perfect diversion.

All, just housekeeping - Sunday December 13 was the last day of the Winter Fantasy at the Sawdust Festival. Went with the kids in the late afternoon and had a good time. There was a small petting zoo and kids crafts. The kids got to visit Santa in his house, surrounded by all the beautifully decorated Christmas trees. We had a really good funnel cake to celebrate!

One little tip for next year - if you buy an annual pass to the summer Sawdust Festival, it also works for admission to the Winter Fantasy. So hang on to that pass!

Back