Welcome - New Members Start Here

admin

Administrator
Welcome to "Talk Irvine". This forum is intended as a community site in which to discuss topics of interest as they relate to the city of Irvine and surrounding communities. We look forward to having you join us as our new home grows and expands.

If you are new with us, please make a post in this thread to introduce yourself.

- Admin

Welcome to "Talk Irvine" irvinemomof2! We're glad that you found us. We're a community who love to discuss topics related to Irvine. Can you give us a little introduction of yourself?

-Panda

Introducing our newest member "ForeignChineseBuyer" Are you related to IrvineHomeOwner? Welcome to Talk Irvine!!!!

bones said:
I think it's maybe bc you can now sign up for an acct without having to go through the admin?

Yup, although I am still manually checking IPs before approving the accounts.

zovall said:
bones said:
I think it's maybe bc you can now sign up for an acct without having to go through the admin?

You looked at my IP without me knowing!  I feel  :-[

;D

zovall said:
bones said:

happy_birthday_animated_157.gif.gif

graphics-happy-birthday-505231.gif

Surprise! Happy birthday, Zovall. I hope it's a good one!

Hello everyone!  My name is Todd and I am the owner of PiggyBoxes.com, and we are a new site supporter here on Talk Irvine.

First a little about us: My wife and I currently live in Aliso Viejo after moving from Irvine a few years ago.  I worked for the Irvine Company for about 4 years before starting PiggyBoxes and my wife works at a non-profit dental office in Garden Grove.

A little bit about our company:
PiggyBoxes are reusable plastic moving boxes that you rent instead of buying cardboard boxes.  They make moving easier, more efficient, and greener!  We deliver for free anywhere in Orange County but also service the portions of the IE, Southern LA, and North San Diego.  We have been in business for almost 2 years and have almost 30 5 star reviews across Yelp, Angieslist, and Google. We look forward to helping you with your next move!

We look forward to contributing here on Talk Irvine!  :)

Hello,

I've lived in Irvine for about 11 years and am planning to buy a property in Irvine within the next 8-12 months.  My interests are cars, cars and cars.  A coworker of mine referred me to this site, and here I am.  I've been reading up on many different topics and particularly enjoy the members' humor.

I'm here to learn more about Irvine real estate, contribute as much as I can and hopefully find a nice condo.  I will be looking for a 2-3 bedroom 2-3 bath condo, with two car garage and would like to stay below $650K if I can.  No Mello roos, and I don't care if a house is brand new or 30 years old as long as it is well kept. 

One thing I've noticed about Irvine market is how the lack of trend in pricing is becoming a trend by it self.  :eek:

Looking forward to learning from you all and contribute if I can.

Cheers,
Reza

Welcome to TI.

If you don't want to pay Mello Roos, you're going to have to buy either something at least 15 years old or... well... I don't think there are new condos in non-Mello Roos areas of Irvine.

There is a trend in Irvine pricing... always more than it used to be. :)

rnirvine said:
Hello,

I've lived in Irvine for about 11 years and am planning to buy a property in Irvine within the next 8-12 months.  My interests are cars, cars and cars.  A coworker of mine referred me to this site, and here I am.  I've been reading up on many different topics and particularly enjoy the members' humor.

I'm here to learn more about Irvine real estate, contribute as much as I can and hopefully find a nice condo.  I will be looking for a 2-3 bedroom 2-3 bath condo, with two car garage and would like to stay below $650K if I can.  No Mello roos, and I don't care if a house is brand new or 30 years old as long as it is well kept. 

One thing I've noticed about Irvine market is how the lack of trend in pricing is becoming a trend by it self.  :eek:

Looking forward to learning from you all and contribute if I can.

Cheers,
Reza

Check these two outhttps://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/11-Shadowleaf-92614/unit-31/home/5250369https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/6-Woodlawn-92620/home/4686348

irvinehomeowner said:
Welcome to TI.

If you don't want to pay Mello Roos, you're going to have to buy either something at least 15 years old or... well... I don't think there are new condos in non-Mello Roos areas of Irvine.

Thank you, and I'm not particularly looking for new houses as I don't really understand why everyone jumps on the new constructions. 

rnirvine said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Welcome to TI.

Thank you, and I'm not particularly looking for new houses as I don't really understand why everyone jumps on the new constructions. 
Just like with new cars, a lot of people like that new home smell.  haha  Welcome to the forum. 

I like new construction homes because of the family friendly atmosphere.  Lots of young kids and babies around the neighborhood ... plenty of opportunities to meet up with understanding parents who shares the pain of sleepless nights and kids who refuse to eat food. 

The new home smell was nice for the first few months too.  It smells better than the new car smell.  ;D

Hi!
We just moved from NY (horrible winters as of late) to Cypress Village about 6 weeks ago. We just got the keys to our new construction home (can't say for certain that it's better than the new car smell, ZeroLot) and are excited to move from our very-temporary rental into our single family home.

I've lurked here quite a bit over the past few months, but didn't think of joining until I was part of the 92620 crowd.

Hi,
I am new here on the site, have been living in Irvine for several years now renting and never really thought of buying before... not sure what I wish to do yet, just looking around and found this site. 
Remote Access,
Welcome and hope you like your new place.  Did you come from NYC or some other area of NY? 
CT

Thanks, irvinehomeowner! I'm going to have to search the threads here to see what you're referring to with ZeroLot's electric bill. I've been warned about the different tiers of usage and such.

cafe talk...welcome also! After renting for only six weeks, I see the ease of it all.  If there is a problem, you just make a phone call and someone fixes it at no charge! The amenities of the Cypress Village apartment complexes (as well as others, I'm sure) are great and so convenient.

We are from Long Island...not too far from the city line.  I will definitely miss going into the city and all of its offerings, but I will not miss that commute either.

Back