Author Topic: Can you "thumbs down" someone's comment?  (Read 2727 times)

Offline villagepeople

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 165
  • -Received: 39
Can you "thumbs down" someone's comment?
« on: September 07, 2011, 08:39:54 PM »
Not sure if this is an option for the forums software you are using but just wondering if there was a way to "thumbs down" a comment?

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2751
  • -Received: 4075
  • 3CWG
Re: Can you "thumbs down" someone's comment?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 11:10:59 PM »
I belive SMF has it but based on suggestions, I believe SoCal did not activate it.

Being a member of different forums, it's usually best to not to allow negative feedback because that just gives trolling more traction. Some people will make a disparaging post just to see how many "thumb downs" they can get.

If you really dislike a post, I suggest reporting it if it's offensive or something you don't think belongs here.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline villagepeople

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 165
  • -Received: 39
Re: Can you "thumbs down" someone's comment?
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 01:49:54 PM »
I belive SMF has it but based on suggestions, I believe SoCal did not activate it.

Being a member of different forums, it's usually best to not to allow negative feedback because that just gives trolling more traction. Some people will make a disparaging post just to see how many "thumb downs" they can get.

If you really dislike a post, I suggest reporting it if it's offensive or something you don't think belongs here.

no worries... i just wanted to do it to every one of indie's posts where he calls someone a name... i'll have carpel tunnel if i were to reply to each and every one of those...

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal