Author Topic: $150 to participate in TIC "Discussion Group"  (Read 35366 times)

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2660
  • -Received: 4010
  • 3CWG
Re: $150 to participate in TIC "Discussion Group"
« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2011, 10:21:42 AM »
If you were there, you would've brainwashed Barb into building more 3CG and bankrupt TIC in the future...
Au contraire mon frere... they would actually be able to sell those homes for $900k+ instead of having to offer tons of incentives. I think they underestimate the desire for the 3CWG (and driveway)... many families are becoming 3+ car homes with teens driving or college grads moving back in with the folks. I guess I'll just hope I win the Lotto by the time my kids are old enough to drive so I can get a custom 4-car garage in Shady.
I just wish they tone down the Great Room concept, or as I like to call it, the Waste Room.  Asians don't decorate that well and we don't need a huge 30x30 room to hang up a calendar on the wall.  All I ask is a nice TV wall, smaller room for better acoustics, and a kitchen that can look into the Family room.
I don't mind the Great Room, but like you... I think they are making them TOO big where they can put a downstairs bedroom at the rear of the house and save that front space for a dining/music/den/parlor/living room.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline iacrenter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 453
  • -Received: 685
« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2011, 11:59:06 AM »
Sounds like TIC is going to build these giant motorcourt homes no matter what. Looks like they wanted only opinions of the floor plans only. Most of the focus groups sounded like there were not interested as does most of the commenters for this thread.

When you get to that $800K+ threshold, I think buyers expect a lot more from their homes, including a traditional layout--driveway, backyard, and detached (NOT on a motorcourt). Hopefully they will continue to offer alternatives to the motorcourts and price them reasonably.

Traditional homes don't need to be on huge lots with large square footage. They just need to be efficient in their layout and offer the basics that most Americans take for granted across the country.

TIC are you listening???  ;)

Offline test

• Thanks
  • -Given: 8
  • -Received: 405
« Reply #92 on: September 22, 2011, 12:02:46 PM »
eventually TIC will do 3 story homes, perhaps?

3 story homes cost more to build, so no.
If you're saving on land cost, doesn't that even out?

Someone here previously said it only makes sense to go vertical if land costs are high.  If the opposite is true then expect to see more highrises.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2660
  • -Received: 4010
  • 3CWG
« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2011, 12:03:43 PM »
Traditional homes don't need to be on huge lots with large square footage. They just need to be efficient in their layout and offer the basics that most Americans take for granted across the country.

TIC are you listening???  ;)
Exactly.

Take Las Ventanas, improve their downstairs floorplans a smidge (maybe give them bit more room) and put them away from a toll road and you can easily charge $50k+ more.

2200 sft is more than enough room for a 4 or even 5 bedroom family home.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline Nous

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 17
  • -Received: 23
« Reply #94 on: September 22, 2011, 01:16:08 PM »

Offline SecretGarden

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2
  • -Received: 2
« Reply #95 on: September 22, 2011, 01:56:06 PM »
Secretgarden, were you in the same group as I?  It was the group that started at 7:30ish. 

@PS: Yes, I believe I was in the same group as you!!   

Offline SecretGarden

• Tourist
  • Thanks
« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2011, 02:00:59 PM »
Based on the fact TIC has conducted so many of these "focus groups" over time, TIC should know better.  Shame on you, TIC! 

I thought I had heard somewhere that TIC dissects everything related to real estate (including consumer thoughts)--up one side and down the other?  If so, my conclusion is they just don't wanna give us what we want.  To them it's all about the biggest profit margin and they'll keep serving up motorcourts--this time with fat houses.  Who are they kidding? 

I would hate to have my guests park all the way down the street and then walk up to my motorcourt home that cost me $900,000+.  And then every night I get to walk down the street and pick up my mail.  So annoying.   

If TIC isn't already doing so, they should have “Barb and company” read Talk Irvine everyday and provide a synopsis of what Irvine consumers are thinking these days.  That's TIC money better spent.       

For now, hello resale.

Offline akula1488

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 22
  • -Received: 22
« Reply #97 on: September 22, 2011, 08:27:20 PM »
Yup at the end of the day, most people would not prefer motor-courts unless the price is dirt cheap. But if all new homes do motor-courts with zero lot lines are pricing like true SFRs, then the demand would be low.

I think every focus group complains about motor-courts but that's not their goal to have inputs on exterior layouts. Their goal is o squeeze the most out of consumer's wallet with the most optimized floor-plan possible.

Offline shokunin

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 7
« Reply #98 on: September 27, 2011, 01:10:48 AM »
Wow... I also participated a few years back when they were pushing 40x80 or was it 40x100 lots for 1.2M at 2800 sq feet homes.  At least they were not motorcourt homes, but the floorplans were disappointing and the it was Barb who was running the table.  Even back then they were pushing the great room concept and to me it just looked like a cheaper way to build a home.  Was this the same place next to South Coast (the Barnes & Noble/ Nordstrom Rack side of South Coast).

TIC did build great communities before, they need to go back and study what they did in the past.  TIC no longer builds great "communities" like turtle rock, university park, northwood pointe, quail hill and others.  I'm afraid they are going to butcher up Orchard Hills into guacamole.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline IrvineRealtor

• Realtor
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 892
  • -Received: 585
    • Current Real Estate Listings
« Reply #99 on: September 27, 2011, 07:33:17 AM »
I'm afraid they are going to butcher up Orchard Hills into guacamole.

Quote for truth.
Wag more. Bark less.

Offline ps9

• Thanks
  • -Given: 464
  • -Received: 1194
« Reply #100 on: October 01, 2011, 10:29:10 PM »
Got another call from them to do a follow up 20 minute phone interview for $50 ($150/hr!!!).  Spoke with Barb again, basically just telling her where I'm at in my home search and why I haven't bought (in Maricopa plan 2).  Said the negatives (price, no sem-formal dining room, no loft , small backyard) outweigh the positives (nice size den, walk in pantry, washer/dryer up).  Re-emphasized what a disappointment Laguna was especially with the front entrance opening into a wall and the recycled floor plans.  For comparison I mentioned how NP square, though not gated has a much nicer entrance with the central park area near it.  Told her I'll be waiting for a nice traditional SFR in Orchard Hills.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 10:32:17 PM by ps99472 »

Offline Nous

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 17
« Reply #101 on: October 04, 2011, 02:10:26 PM »
Got another call from them to do a follow up 20 minute phone interview for $50 ($150/hr!!!).  Spoke with Barb again, basically just telling her where I'm at in my home search and why I haven't bought (in Maricopa plan 2).  Said the negatives (price, no sem-formal dining room, no loft , small backyard) outweigh the positives (nice size den, walk in pantry, washer/dryer up).  Re-emphasized what a disappointment Laguna was especially with the front entrance opening into a wall and the recycled floor plans.  For comparison I mentioned how NP square, though not gated has a much nicer entrance with the central park area near it.  Told her I'll be waiting for a nice traditional SFR in Orchard Hills.

Nothing about the motor-courts?

Offline SecretGarden

• Tourist
  • Thanks
« Reply #102 on: October 04, 2011, 05:10:22 PM »
Nothing about the motor-courts?

No, she didn't mention them. 

The only other thing she said was regarding financing.  She asked how I would feel if the builder's approved lender (currently B of A) were to change to a lesser known bank.

Offline LAtoOC

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 12
  • -Received: 50
« Reply #103 on: October 06, 2011, 03:49:37 PM »
Because BofA may be bankrupt soon.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]