So, what have you all been up to since April?

trooper

Me, still renting in Hollywood and socking away the dough. Did anyone buy yet? Sell? Kids? Marriages? Fill me in.

Also, graph....my bunny avatar is just for you.

I've joined the ranks of the realtards and helped a few folks buy their dream homes at the right price and actively working with several others. I also finished up taking the CPA exam.

No buying or selling. No marriages (you'd be invited if there were), and no kids (they are expensive little b*stards).

Went to Portland and Seattle in May. Missed Nude because he was on a road trip. Loved Portland and the wine country in both the Seattle and Portland area.

Hung out with BK and Grace in Pasadena and got some dim sum and saw the Draper house from Mad Men with them.

Went to Vegas and saw some hawt shows.

Went to Chicago and had some amazing food and stood on a glass floor 103 stories up.

Other than that, not much, pretty chill.

How about you Troop? How was DC?

[quote author="graphrix"]
Went to Chicago and had some amazing food and stood on a glass floor 103 stories up.
[/quote]
I want to do that so badly... and of course eat some Chicago pizza.

I became a IHO again... but didn't buy... just moved back into our small Irvine house we had been renting to college students for the last few years.

I really miss my 3-car garage.

You and your 3 car garage...you better make it an alley load, or bk will be over with his hammer.

Graph - DC was absolutely amazing. We managed to get 150,000 of our closest friends to come and address our grievances. Not bad for something that started as a discussion amongst 10 people in a West Hollywood cafe.

Hey, Trooper. Welcome back. I hope you will like this site and getting reacquainted with everyone. Since April - hmmm... working, mom'ing, still renting (just turned in a renewal today*), obsessively checking the MLS, and socking away $$. Yep, that's about it! The months fly by, don't they?

* To follow up my IHB post re: IAC renewal... 12 mos. term negotiated down from a $100 increase to stay at the same rate, a lease break decrease from $3,600 to $3k. If the prices are right, I'd really like to buy in about 9 mos. (hence the lease break decrease request) to a year. It still sounds so far away. <!-- s:( --:mad:<!-- s:( --> Oh yeah, four free movie tickets. Whoopie!

So do you think Obama will really kill DADT?

me, we have a new daughter (3 months now), and rented a new place (moved from near the HB pier to inland Laguna Beach) which will hopefully last us until we buy.

wake, baby, work, baby, cook, baby, sleep...
wake, baby, work, baby, cook, baby, IHB, sleep...
wake, baby, work, baby, cook, baby, TI, sleep...

I'm sure Trooper has absolutely no idea who I am but I am excited to interact with her here! I lurked at IHB for a while (blog for many months, followed by the forums) and then finally posted on the blog late one night. It was the night before the Brokerage announcement!

Anyway, I lurked while I contemplated my purchase and decided to finally post only after I became a homeowner. While the Blog attracted me initially, I stayed for the Forums. Where else can I learn about intarwebs acronyms, real estate, religion, politics, financial markets and milk, all in one place? <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Me? I went nuts.

i-almonds.jpg

Make a grower happy, call 'em by thier correct name. When you say it, it's AMONDS not aLmonds. The rumor is you shake the L out of 'em to get them off the tree, but IMO it's a regional deal. I grew up close to Kerman, and they call 'em amonds.

[flash=350,287:1ezt4w4g]http://www.youtube.com/v/Grx1g1MfMsM&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:1ezt4w4g]

Switched into a new assignment at work that requires far more hours. Went to Vietnam and Hong Kong. Um... that's about it (see first sentence).

novas... lol,, ha.. that is a great video... my son would love to see that almond shaker in person! You know we chase down garbage trucks down in Woodbury on trash days,, he loves to see bulldozers, trucks, cement mixers... especially when the garbage truck grabs a can and dumps it... that is so funny... the almond shaker grabs that second dinky little tree... poor tree...

Nothing much new for me. Obviously, I stuck around the IHB and I'm glad I did because I met some great people. I'm glad you're back Troop because I have some questions for you about the best ways to get involved in at least one cause near and dear to you. I guess we might need a politics section for that, maybe later.

Hi Trooper. You don't know me because I was mostly a lurker, but you're kind of an IHB legend so it is nice to see you posting here.

And to be honest, I'm a bit intimidated by your celebrity status! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

Trooper! You have a lurking fan club... I dunno if that is cool or creepy? Either way, I am so happy Troop is back and that so many others are glad to see her back.

OT: Way back when in the early days... I would get these occasional emails from this cop in LA that was thinking about his her retirement home. The emails were curt and dry, I totally thought she was a dude... and I'm pretty good about getting a "sense" of a person. She totally tricked me, and quite a few others. Then the IHB forums began and I got to know Trooper. Oh... then there was the chat room on IHB... poor thing. I remember the night she "came out" on IHB. She was so nervous, but we loved her anyway, and could care less who she liked or loved, we loved her all the same. She is no different than any of us. I even got the privilege to hang out with her, and she had my back. Long story that won't be repeated unless I know you.

I love Trooper! She is an awesome and amazing person. She would be there in a heartbeat to help a friend out. I know, because she has called me as soon as she thought there was a problem and offered solutions that only she could offer. I can't think of a better friend than her.

I love and support Troop for who she is, and she is equal to any of us, if not better for the true friendship she can deliver.
[/trooperlovefest]

"I've been a convicted murderer who provides sound financial planning - it's a wonderful pet to have."

theshawshankredemption1.jpg

Very glad to see you here, Troop.

Hey Troop!! Nice to "see" you again! I have had a pretty busy second half of the year with Dr's visits, PT...more visits, CT Scans etc etc. I almost killed myself in a Bike accident...
The good side is I got to meet more IHB'ers in real life, they were absolutely awesome and helped us immensely. I didn't really do anything else or go anywhere because all our plans were set for the second half of the year...I was laying flat on my back staring up at the ceiling in Hospital on July 4th just to give you an idea...

So how are YOU???

Troop. Really great to have you back. Like you. I almost folded my tent with IHB back the same time you did. Zovall and Larry both told me to basically shut up or go away. So I just kept hanging around without tweaking them too much.

My business is still kind of off and on. The good news is my son is doing great working for a firm in Irvine. He gave up on the Sheriff thing after spending a couple days in the jail. NO WAY was he going to spend years working in that [excrement] hole.

Just back from wonderful Vegas trip with my GF.

Life is good.

Hey Trooper

Its nice to see the "hardcore" folks back at it.

Not much has changed with me. I am still sitting on my hilltop enjoying life.

I have purchased 3 more guns and another offroad vehicle. we can do some wheeling next time you are in the neighborhood.

Did you get that Bronco or make it to Europe or were you too involved in the political activities?

I think awgee has us all beat with his GOLD.

Stay cool and be safe!!

the AZ Dude

Back