West Irvine and elementary schools

Hello there, its been a while since I have posted. I live in West Irvine and all the school assigned to are in the Tustin Unified District, so the elementary school would be Myford. I heard great things about Myford, but I was wondering if our kids are allowed to go apply to other IUSD.

readytobuy said:
Hello there, its been a while since I have posted. I live in West Irvine and all the school assigned to are in the Tustin Unified District, so the elementary school would be Myford. I heard great things about Myford, but I was wondering if our kids are allowed to go apply to other IUSD.

Hello readytobuy,

You are able to apply to send your kids to other TUSD schools if you wish, but not IUSD schools.
I'd really recommend meeting some of the teachers and staff of the schools for Myford (and Orchard Hills for grades 5-6 for your zoning), Pioneer, and Beckman, if this is a concern for you. In my interactions with them, and others I've worked with, I've found them to be exceptional at every level.

Tustin Unified Schools Info Link

Best wishes,
-IR2

RTB: Is the IUSD a typo and you mean TUSD? If not, I hate to break it to you, but it wasn't long ago (last year) when the district even considered booting the out-of-district transfer children of employees (which they have since decided to make an exception for). Now that IUSD is on the Basic Aid funding model, they are really cracking down to make sure the revenue is being used appropriately. If you really want to beat your brains out, you or your child's other parent could become a county education or IUSD staffer with a spot on campus and get them an approved enrollment that way. So, technically, where there's a will, there is a way. Otherwise, no. They were allowing transfers under the Revenue Limit model and now I hear there is talk of going to "Flat Funding", or at least that is what's proposed by Gov. Jerry Brown. If they switch models, it could open up the doors again. But, you know how that goes.

Fwiw, I'm an IUSD parent & classroom volunteer. It's over-hyped. Stay put.

thanks for your feedback ! i believe you live around the area too? i read that myford is starting out a new uniform policy i think its great.
IrvineRealtor said:
readytobuy said:

Hello readytobuy,

You are able to apply to send your kids to other TUSD schools if you wish, but not IUSD schools.
I'd really recommend meeting some of the teachers and staff of the schools for Myford (and Orchard Hills for grades 5-6 for your zoning), Pioneer, and Beckman, if this is a concern for you. In my interactions with them, and others I've worked with, I've found them to be exceptional at every level.

Tustin Unified Schools Info Link

Best wishes,
-IR2

no, i meant ISUD alright. I was hoping my daughter can go to northwood when that time comes, but who knows. I guess she can't go there unless they rezone in the future or something...or working like you suggested as a a staffer LOL but  i am not that desperate, the schools are pretty decent based on what I have read in the west irvine area.

thanks!

SoCal78 said:
RTB: Is the IUSD a typo and you mean TUSD? If not, I hate to break it to you, but it wasn't long ago (last year) when the district even considered booting the out-of-district transfer children of employees (which they have since decided to make an exception for). Now that IUSD is on the Basic Aid funding model, they are really cracking down to make sure the revenue is being used appropriately. If you really want to beat your brains out, you or your child's other parent could become a county education or IUSD staffer with a spot on campus and get them an approved enrollment that way. So, technically, where there's a will, there is a way. Otherwise, no. They were allowing transfers under the Revenue Limit model and now I hear there is talk of going to "Flat Funding", or at least that is what's proposed by Gov. Jerry Brown. If they switch models, it could open up the doors again. But, you know how that goes.

Fwiw, I'm an IUSD parent & classroom volunteer. It's over-hyped. Stay put.

Back