Irvine council, Live Nation ink deal for permanent concert venue at Great Park

WTTCHMN

Irvine council, Live Nation ink deal for permanent concert venue at Great Park

The concert-promoter will design the amphitheater, the city will build it.

The total cost of the project could be as much as $130 million, city officials said. Live Nation is expected to contribute $20 million toward construction and pay a starting $3.5 million a year to the city for use of the venue, increasing 3% each year.

The city will also get half of a $5-per-ticket surcharge to pay for maintenance, which city officials estimate could total up to $1 million per concert season.
https://www.ocregister.com/2022/09/...al-for-permanent-concert-venue-at-great-park/

I'm excited for this. We go to Hollywood Bowl about once a year and to be able to go more often to something local sounds fantastic.

I was going to say the exact same thing...thank you Great Park residents for paying the never ending Mello Roos so rest of us can enjoy!

Innosint said:
Brought to you and paid for by the Great Park eternal mello roos

Thank you great park residents. XD

freedomcm said:
Does this sound like a bad deal for the city to anyone else?

Anyone here live in Rise at GP, or whatever the new ones are, that can chime in.  Probably bad deal for those folks who can hear the concert.

AW said:
freedomcm said:

Anyone here live in Rise at GP, or whatever the new ones are, that can chime in.  Probably bad deal for those folks who can hear the concert.

Have friend living in the area. You can hear concerts happening at the great part with windows open or outside, but can't really hear a thing when windows are shut.

He probably one of farthest Great park residents from the park tbh

Back when we lived in Quail Hill, we could hear the VZW amphitheater concerts... we didn't mind... as long as it wasn't scream metal.

considering you are paying for part of the facility via the mello-roos, I dont think it is a bad deal since you are paying for it.

AW said:
freedomcm said:

Back