Top Loan Officers

Scotsman's list is primarily base on "self submitted" numbers and is not verified carefully. While there are some monster volume producers out there, some originators were big during the refi boom but today have gone back to their original jobs from 2018 since the phone lines have gone dead. One top producer on that list pays Agents "co-marketing" dollars to get business and thus the self reported volume is naturally going to be high. Another has a builder relationships that feed them leads, but Yelp reviews that scream "shop around".

Scotsman's Guide is the Bankrare.com of mortgage originator data. It would be wise to bring a bag of salt along when reading their info.

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People said:
Scotsman's list is primarily base on "self submitted" numbers and is not verified carefully. While there are some monster volume producers out there, some originators were big during the refi boom but today have gone back to their original jobs from 2018 since the phone lines have gone dead. One top producer on that list pays Agents "co-marketing" dollars to get business and thus the self reported volume is naturally going to be high. Another has a builder relationships that feed them leads, but Yelp reviews that scream "shop around".

Scotsman's Guide is the Bankrare.com of mortgage originator data. It would be wise to bring a bag of salt along when reading their info.

My .02c

Good to know. I had no idea.

Back