Bay area grid strain

OCtoSV

Last week our Powerwalls really paid off with multiple outages during triple digits and evening while still in the high 90s. I even went to the nearby Supercharger for the Tesla to save all my stored electrons for outages. Worked well. A key issue is too much residential solar generation blowing out transformers. Solar subsidies have created another class of royalty in CA, just like prop 13 did for all those pre-78 owners.

Switzerland?s Environment Minister Suggests People Shower Together to Save Energy

Simonetta Sommaruga, 62, suggested that people ?turn off the computer when you don?t need it, or turn off lights, or shower together? as part of her measures promoting a 15 percent reduction in energy consumption, The Times of London reported.

Boy, talking about energy crisis Europe is getting very real. Europe is reliving stoneage era.

www.theepochtimes.com/switzerlands-environment-minister-suggests-people-shower-together-to-save-energy_4739287.html

Drill baby drill!

Coal stoves and wood thieves: Europe braces for winter without Russian gas

In the rural village of Ag, Hungary, two hours southwest of Budapest, Nikoletta Kelemen said the price of firewood - used almost exclusively as winter fuel - has nearly doubled. A single tree's worth of kindling, the 35-year-old nongovernmental organization worker said, now costs roughly half the average village salary of $249 a month.

"I imagine it will come down to burning furniture," Kelemen said.

"Firewood is the new gold," said Franz L?ninghake, 62, a systems administrator in Bremen, Germany, who has a wood-burning furnace on back order. His estimated energy bill for the next year? $4,500 - up from $1,500 for the 12 months to May.

"I'm convinced we're going to have to carry some people out horizontally this winter," he said.
https://news.yahoo.com/coal-stoves-wood-thieves-europe-145945324.html

Back