HOA's in Irvine & Roundup

Woodbury

I live in Woodbury and for the SFR's in our community - the homeowner manages the landscaping for the front and backyard. But the streets and parks are maintained by the Woodbury HOA. 

The Woodbury HOA decided to start using Roundup for what appears to be a majority of streets. This is concerning because they spray this stuff and it gets in the air and will transmit these toxins all around.
https://woodburyhoa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/Woodbury-Pesticide-Organic-Map.pdfhttps://www.change.org/p/stop-spraying-toxic-pesticides-in-woodbury-irvine

The City of Irvine went to non-toxic pesticides in 2016, so the the city managed streets/parks do not use RoundUp. But it seems that HOA's are able to decide on their own what they want to do and use.

Are there any neighborhoods/homes in Irvine that do not have an HOA? 

Woodbury said:
I live in Woodbury and for the SFR's in our community - the homeowner manages the landscaping for the front and backyard. But the streets and parks are maintained by the Woodbury HOA. 

The Woodbury HOA decided to start using Roundup for what appears to be a majority of streets. This is concerning because they spray this stuff and it gets in the air and will transmit these toxins all around.
https://woodburyhoa.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/Woodbury-Pesticide-Organic-Map.pdfhttps://www.change.org/p/stop-spraying-toxic-pesticides-in-woodbury-irvine

The City of Irvine went to non-toxic pesticides in 2016, so the the city managed streets/parks do not use RoundUp. But it seems that HOA's are able to decide on their own what they want to do and use.

There are many older neighborhood homes like the ones on Trabuco, Bryan or Walnut along the trail do not have HOA.

What I dislike about WB HOA master plan is that they make the landscapers trim trees too much. There are hardly any shade at all.  HOA said they have like $7 mil in surplus but yet they just increased the fee.

This neighborhood has become so crowded. Apartment folks drive recklessly. There are 7 pools but every single one of them is super packed.  Guard always walks around asking for ID. Event tickets are sold out if you dont show up to buy tickets on first couple of hours. I just glad I sold my old sfh there last month and moved to new place. This neighborhood is not what it used to be 14 years ago when I first moved in.

Danimal said:
Woodbury said:

There are many older neighborhood homes like the ones on Trabuco, Bryan or Walnut along the trail do not have HOA.

What I dislike about WB HOA master plan is that they make the landscapers trim trees too much. There are hardly any shade at all.  HOA said they have like $7 mil in surplus but yet they just increased the fee.

This neighborhood has become so crowded. Apartment folks drive recklessly. There are 7 pools but every single one of them is super packed.  Guard always walks around asking for ID. Event tickets are sold out if you dont show up to buy tickets on first couple of hours. I just glad I sold my old sfh there last month and moved to new place. This neighborhood is not what it used to be 14 years ago when I first moved in.

That kind of goes for all newer neighborhoods in Irvine as they've filled up and become more populated/small children have grown up and gotten cars that were not there when they first moved in. Also, I'll tell you right now that drivers in general just suck...it's not just apartment dwellers. The way people drive in all of the neighborhoods in Irvine is horrible.

Garbage drivers seems to be an OC thing. I moved down from LA last year and I'm flabbergasted by how much bad driving I see. The worst is that EVERY day I drive here, I see someone run a red light. In LA(where I lived for 10 years), red light runners were such a rare occurence, I might see it happen once a year. Does anyone have a hypothesis as to why this is? Yes there are some foreign drivers, but even the caucasian drivers out here seem to have a death wish.

Is this just a diversion tactic to get everyone to forget about all the trichloroethylene in the ground?

Nani said:
Garbage drivers seems to be an OC thing. I moved down from LA last year and I'm flabbergasted by how much bad driving I see. The worst is that EVERY day I drive here, I see someone run a red light. In LA(where I lived for 10 years), red light runners were such a rare occurence, I might see it happen once a year. Does anyone have a hypothesis as to why this is? Yes there are some foreign drivers, but even the caucasian drivers out here seem to have a death wish.

They're on their phone.  I see far more people on their phone while moving in the Irvine vicinity than I do in the Burbank area.  I suspect relatively light traffic volume is the culprit. 

My stints of up the 55 in the car pool lane regularly have every third car I pass looking down at their phone, watching a youtube video on the dash mount, or something else.

If they're not on their phone, they're smoking pot.

Nani said:
There's honestly bad drivers everywhere. What I would say is OC drivers seem to lack self awareness when driving. LA on the other have very aggressive drivers. TBH I prefer OC drivers. No matter how slow they are, if you put your blinker on, they generally do let you in. LA on the other hand will just floor it or tail gate the heck out of you or cut you off. Someone cruising down Irvine Center Dr at or slightly below speed limit isn't going to harm or kill someone compared to the crap that LA drivers do. I lived in LA for 10 years and dealt with all the reckless drivers to know all of this first hand.

sleepy5136 said:
Nani said:
There's honestly bad drivers everywhere. What I would say is OC drivers seem to lack self awareness when driving. LA on the other have very aggressive drivers. TBH I prefer OC drivers. No matter how slow they are, if you put your blinker on, they generally do let you in. LA on the other hand will just floor it or tail gate the heck out of you or cut you off. Someone cruising down Irvine Center Dr at or slightly below speed limit isn't going to harm or kill someone compared to the crap that LA drivers do. I lived in LA for 10 years and dealt with all the reckless drivers to know all of this first hand.

I agree. OC drivers are distracted when driving while LA drivers are reckless.

Also, for me, the experience with running red lights is just the opposite. I've seen LA drivers running red lights more often than OC drivers.

CalBears96 said:
sleepy5136 said:
Nani said:

Also, for me, the experience with running red lights is just the opposite. I've seen LA drivers running red lights more often than OC drivers.

I'm surprised by this because in Irvine I feel like red lights have become completely optional, even at main intersections.

When you say the drivers in Irvine suck, what does that exactly mean? Does that mean they drive too fast? Too slow? Just not your preferred style? I do agree that people in LA usually drive faster even with more dense roads and lower speed limit numbers like 35mph whereas it's around 55 in Irvine.

Also I noticed they're putting new road/asphalt in some Irvine hood. Does that make you smell directly of that infamous asphalt factory odor any less? ;D

Mety said:
When you say the drivers in Irvine suck, what does that exactly mean? Does that mean they drive too fast? Too slow? Just not your preferred style? I do agree that people in LA usually drive faster even with more dense roads and lower speed limit numbers like 35mph whereas it's around 55 in Irvine.

Also I noticed they're putting new road/asphalt in some Irvine hood. Does that make you smell directly of that infamous asphalt factory odor any less? ;D

In my opinion, Irvine drivers drive too slow. I don't mind slow drivers, just slow drivers in the fast lane. It's really annoying having drivers in front of me at 40mph on Irvine Blvd with 60 speed limit. Happened this morning with a stupid ass Model X going at 40 in the fast lane, and a big truck in the lane next to it going at 45. I had to move behind the truck and then to the slowest lane just to get back to normal speed.

irviniteeee said:
CalBears96 said:
sleepy5136 said:
Nani said:

I'm surprised by this because in Irvine I feel like red lights have become completely optional, even at main intersections.
I forgot to address this but I do see people running reds. Not trying to justify or condone the act itself, but Irvine yellows are VERY LONG. Like extremely long compared to LA. So everyone probably thinks they can make the yellow but times it off. Regardless, it's not ok or an excuse to run reds.

I'm actually surprised how easily they can get away from it here since I see more police cars here than in LA. But there's only so many cops I guess patrolling. But if I had to choose, safety is the most important thing when driving. The chances of someone going 40 on a 60 causing an accident is significantly less likely than someone driving recklessly cutting all over the place to get to their destination 5 minutes faster.

CalBears96 said:
Mety said:

In my opinion, Irvine drivers drive too slow. I don't mind slow drivers, just slow drivers in the fast lane. It's really annoying having drivers in front of me at 40mph on Irvine Blvd with 60 speed limit. Happened this morning with a stupid ass Model X going at 40 in the fast lane, and a big truck in the lane next to it going at 45. I had to move behind the truck and then to the slowest lane just to get back to normal speed.

I used to groan (and still do) when I get stuck behind a slow Prius. Looks like some Prius drivers graduated to Tesla now.

MatCauthon said:
CalBears96 said:
Mety said:

I used to groan (and still do) when I get stuck behind a slow Prius. Looks like some Prius drivers graduated to Tesla now.

But Teslas are fast. ;D

cannot blame Irvine residents. too many people too many cars too many intersections or stop signs. every time I go back to Irvine I am frustrated and I can see why people want to run the light.

First time I see this. There is a digital sign at every entrance in Woodbury that says ?Loud exhaust strictly enforced?. Not sure if it is from IPD or Woodbury HOA. It?s crazy that they have to put up the sign.

Mety said:
MatCauthon said:
CalBears96 said:
Mety said:

But Teslas are fast. ;D

Yes Teslas are fast, but ex-Prius drivers on Tesla are still driving it like Prius...grandma style  ???

Danimal said:
First time I see this. There is a digital sign at every entrance in Woodbury that says ?Loud exhaust strictly enforced?. Not sure if it is from IPD or Woodbury HOA. It?s crazy that they have to put up the sign.

Which is better?

1. Having those digital signs to possibly prevent loud drivers.

2. Doing nothing so those loud drivers keep their lawlessness.

Back