Irvine favorites still going strong 2+ decades later

OCtoSV

It's not just Greek but also middle eastern food - with Cafe Matinee in LF now closed this is the best in the area. Used to go here for lunch in the 90s all the time.
https://www.greekislandscuisine.com/

I was goign to mention Las Fajitas near Woodbridge HS but looks like it closed down...terrible shame

Northwood Pizza!!

Lamppost Pizza!!

Olive Garden? Mimi?s? Trying to think of a non-chain. How long has Hen House been around?

bwpunch said:
how can one forget Taiko!?!

Taiko used to be good. Quality has gone down badly last 10 years. No more lunch line like before.

Dont forget A&J next door. It?s been there as long as Taiko.

I don't know how many years this has been... but a long, long, LONG time ago I read about Il Fornaio here on TI. Someone here recommended it. For some reason it always stuck into my mind. So when I was recently dying of boredom and looking for a place I hadn't been to before, I went there to cross it off my mental checklist It was fantastic! Well, the food, anyway. Maybe not the ambience. But I would definitely go back. Especially for the Butternut Squash Ravioli with brown butter tomato sauce and crispy sage. Yum!

irvinehomeowner said:
I don't think I've ever been to Il Fornaio and I love italian.

My current favorite is North Italia but they are pricey.

What's your favorite dish at North Italia? I will add it to my mental checklist and try it in ten years. 😏

One fun thing about Il Fornaio is that there happen to be some games set up on the side of the restaurant, presumably for the tall office building right next door. They have Ping Pong and Cornhole. So it gives you something else to do on your outing besides eat.

SoCal said:
irvinehomeowner said:
I don't think I've ever been to Il Fornaio and I love italian.

My current favorite is North Italia but they are pricey.

What's your favorite dish at North Italia? I will add it to my mental checklist and try it in ten years. 😏

Pretty much anything... although the one thing I haven't tried there is their pizza.

Back