Author Topic: Shady Siam Station in Irvine  (Read 786 times)

Offline irvineboy

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 5
  • -Received: 11
Shady Siam Station in Irvine
« on: July 17, 2022, 12:34:35 AM »
Had a shady experience at Siam Station in Irvine.  First time there and never going back.  At the end of the meal, the waitress took my card and processed it.  Gave me back my card and my receipt, and indicated that the tip was already included.  To my surprise, she gave herself a 20% tip.  It's a shady practice and not thrilled with being forced tip when table is not even 6 people or more.  Owner claims that customers are supposed to swipe their own card and input their own tip amount. 

Offline The California Court Company

• What's this?
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 416
  • -Received: 399
Re: Shady Siam Station in Irvine
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2022, 07:04:32 AM »
Lol similar to how the Congress increase the allowance for their staffs ‘work related’ expenses by 21%.
"Should any Person come into contact with such fruit, soil or groundwater, such Person is advised to wash thoroughly with soap and water and seek immediate medical attention"-Augusta Disclosure, Tustin Legacy

"You'll probably be able to buy a 4BR detached home in Quail Hill for $150,000."-IndieDev

Offline woodburyowner

• Thanks
  • -Given: 70
  • -Received: 164
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2022, 04:20:37 PM »
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience there.  The food at Siam Station is awesome, but the seating is very limited so I have always just done take-out.  Guess I will continue to just get take-out.

Offline Cares

• Real Estate Broker & Mortgage Loan Originator
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 14
  • -Received: 266
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2022, 10:20:53 AM »
Siam Station is my favorite Thai restaurant in the area. Never had an experience like yours though so not sure what to make of it.

Offline beenrosary

• Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 0
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2022, 12:34:58 AM »
Because there is very little seating available at Siam Station and the cuisine is so good, I have only ever ordered takeout from there. I guess I'll simply stick to ordering takeout for the foreseeable future.
mario games

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal