TIC Making the Floorplan Worse? Why? Cielo VS Ravello

I'm wondering why they made the floorplan worse for newer homes? Just for an example, Ravello#2 has the extra prep kitchen(FLEX space) and pantry at the other side. But when it comes to Cielo#2, they wasted the Ravello powder room area into a 'launch', removed the FLEX space option, then turned the pantry into a powder room...

I don't understand the philosophy of it. For the other floorplans, very similar, but they are also making them worse IMO, why...

Attachments

• C2.JPG
    C2.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 246
  • R2.JPG
    R2.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 235
chasingpowder said:
I'm wondering why they made the floorplan worse for newer homes? Just for an example, Ravello#2 has the extra prep kitchen(FLEX space) and pantry at the other side. But when it comes to Cielo#2, they wasted the Ravello powder room area into a 'launch', removed the FLEX space option, then turned the pantry into a powder room...

I don't understand the philosophy of it. For the other floorplans, very similar, but they are also making them worse IMO, why...

I agree. Ravello Plan 2 is my favorite of all IP homes. Cielo Plan 2 is definitely worse than Ravello Plan 2. What a waste.

In the original Ravello: It's likely not desirable to walk into the entry and see the toilet. Especially with the powder room door left open.
The Ceilo plan is updated to resolve this.

matchbox said:
In the original Ravello: It's likely not desirable to walk into the entry and see the toilet. Especially with the powder room door left open.

I guess everyone has their own preference. Anyway, I'm just posting one spot as an example. All three Cielo floorplans are worse than the Ravello here and there IMO.

I think each has their pros/cons.

While I agree that a flex space is probably better (esp for a home office with WFH), some people prefer a much larger pantry and a launch space to hang coats and put on their shoes going in and out of the garage.

The best part is that there are TWO toilets downstairs... I don't know how many times we are coming home from somewhere and one of the kids yells "I call downstairs bathroom!". :)

Cielo plans are worse Ravello because it is in Portola Hills versus Orchard Hills  ;D

chasingpowder said:
matchbox said:

I guess everyone has their own preference. Anyway, I'm just posting one spot as an example. All three Cielo floorplans are worse than the Ravello here and there IMO.

irvinehomeowner said:

While I agree that a flex space is probably better (esp for a home office with WFH), some people prefer a much larger pantry and a launch space to hang coats and put on their shoes going in and out of the garage.

The best part is that there are TWO toilets downstairs... I don't know how many times we are coming home from somewhere and one of the kids yells "I call downstairs bathroom!". :)

Ravello 2 has that too, right outside of powder room.

That?s a pretty big pantry lol. I thought pantry should take advantage of a niche area. NOT in the middle of kitchen and dining area like cielo. In this case, I??d rather have nothing.

irvinehomeowner said:

As someone who would have no interest in making the flex space a Wine Room or Prep Kitchen, I don't necessarily think the Cielo floorplan is worse.

I'd prefer the flex space to be a big pantry. Would be weirder for me to use that flex space as an office or "Family Study" given its location in the kitchen / dining area.

The thing that I don't like about the launch area is that it's not directly connected to the door to the garage (impossible in this floorplan). It's a little weird that it's across the entry hallway.

CalBears96 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

There is a bench there? I don't see it.

irvinehomeowner said:
CalBears96 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

There is a bench there? I don't see it.

I take that back. Only hanging coats, not putting shoes also.

I like the full bath and bedroom down stairs and pantry.

I hope there is sufficient space for full sized fridge (assuming the kitchen island won't block the doors from opening).  The "counter depth" fridge doesn't really hold much.

Not sure about now but Rattlesnake reservoir used to have security patrols that come by throughout the day.  But in case of SHTF I don't think anyone is going to write you a ticket for drawing water from there with a bucket.  It's prolly reclaimed water so don't drink it.

Really? You guys prefer such a big pantry area which is right in the kitchen and dining area? You wanna look at a big pantry room instead of can be looking outside through sliding windows?

Please help me understand, I guess TIC made the decision with some reasoning behind it.

Cost saving?

chasingpowder said:
Really? You guys prefer such a big pantry area which is right in the kitchen and dining area? You wanna look at a big pantry room instead of can be looking outside through sliding windows?

Please help me understand, I guess TIC made the decision with some reasoning behind it.

chasingpowder said:

While I prefer the pantry in Ravello's floorplan, what you said about the pantry in Cielo blocking outside view doesn't make any sense.

In Ravello's floorplan, that space would be occupied by flex space, prep kitchen, family study, or wine room, all of which are still blocking the view. All IP is doing is using the flex space as pantry instead of other optional functions.

Yeah, the flex space had no windows either.

And... sometimes it's nice to have the pantry closer to the dining area for easier access to stuff.

You also get more counterspace in Cielo if you're not using the flex space for more counter space in Ravello.

I didn't make myself clear. My point is, having a prep kitchen or wine room is worthy enough to sacrifice that area. I don't understand why people would prefer a pantry in such spot. A pantry should be hidden or tucked away if those are the correct wording. Not right in your face...

If it's not flex in Cielo, I'd rather have nothing there. Making a bigger kitchen and dining. I guess I don't have that many stuff to pantry...

Back