Author Topic: TIC Making the Floorplan Worse? Why? Cielo VS Ravello  (Read 1915 times)

Offline chasingpowder

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 1
  • -Received: 0
Re: TIC Making the Floorplan Worse? Why? Cielo VS Ravello
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2022, 10:33:01 AM »
Really? You guys prefer such a big pantry area which is right in the kitchen and dining area? You wanna look at a big pantry room instead of can be looking outside through sliding windows?

Please help me understand, I guess TIC made the decision with some reasoning behind it.

Offline The California Court Company

• What's this?
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 407
  • -Received: 392
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2022, 10:49:53 AM »
Cost saving?

Really? You guys prefer such a big pantry area which is right in the kitchen and dining area? You wanna look at a big pantry room instead of can be looking outside through sliding windows?

Please help me understand, I guess TIC made the decision with some reasoning behind it.
"Should any Person come into contact with such fruit, soil or groundwater, such Person is advised to wash thoroughly with soap and water and seek immediate medical attention"-Augusta Disclosure, Tustin Legacy

"You'll probably be able to buy a 4BR detached home in Quail Hill for $150,000."-IndieDev

Online CalBears96

• Thanks
  • -Given: 39
  • -Received: 144
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2022, 11:01:52 AM »

While I prefer the pantry in Ravello's floorplan, what you said about the pantry in Cielo blocking outside view doesn't make any sense.

In Ravello's floorplan, that space would be occupied by flex space, prep kitchen, family study, or wine room, all of which are still blocking the view. All IP is doing is using the flex space as pantry instead of other optional functions.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2775
  • -Received: 4103
  • 3CWG
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2022, 12:21:23 PM »
Yeah, the flex space had no windows either.

And... sometimes it's nice to have the pantry closer to the dining area for easier access to stuff.

You also get more counterspace in Cielo if you're not using the flex space for more counter space in Ravello.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline chasingpowder

• Tourist
  • Thanks
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2022, 12:51:29 PM »
I didn't make myself clear. My point is, having a prep kitchen or wine room is worthy enough to sacrifice that area. I don't understand why people would prefer a pantry in such spot. A pantry should be hidden or tucked away if those are the correct wording. Not right in your face...

If it's not flex in Cielo, I'd rather have nothing there. Making a bigger kitchen and dining. I guess I don't have that many stuff to pantry...

Offline chasingpowder

• Tourist
  • Thanks
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2022, 12:53:53 PM »
How much they can save from the changes? If saving cost  is the real reason, they are really squeezing us.

Cost saving?

Online CalBears96

• Thanks
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2022, 12:59:44 PM »
If it's not flex in Cielo, I'd rather have nothing there. Making a bigger kitchen and dining. I guess I don't have that many stuff to pantry...

My wife disagrees with you because she really wants a big pantry.  ;D That's why she prefers Bluffs 2 over Highland 1. The bigger pantry and the extra space in the laundry room.  ;D

Offline Ready2Downsize

• Thanks
  • -Given: 15
  • -Received: 269
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2022, 01:15:07 PM »

My wife disagrees with you because she really wants a big pantry.  ;D That's why she prefers Bluffs 2 over Highland 1. The bigger pantry and the extra space in the laundry room.  ;D

I agree with your wife. Big pantry any day. You can store other stuff in there too which is a big plus if you only have a two car garage. Would love a prep kitchen but it needs the fridge at least to be near it, if not a second fridge and the flex room is great too for anyone who has kids doing homework, WFH or a hobby room. Ok........ all three for me! But don't want a small pantry for absolute sure.

Offline chasingpowder

• Tourist
  • Thanks
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2022, 01:17:17 PM »
Hmm, opinions differ from each other. That's how they sell I guess.

Online CalBears96

• Thanks
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2022, 02:02:38 PM »
Hmm, opinions differ from each other. That's how they sell I guess.

Well, happy wife, happy life.  ;D

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2775
  • -Received: 4103
  • 3CWG
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2022, 03:06:12 PM »
I do like the flex space as you can always make that a 2nd pantry... but I also like that launch area and as someone else said, a window for that powder for both light and uh... ventilation.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline Nani

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Received: 4
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2022, 12:49:39 AM »
In Ravello plan 2, the flex space has a tall glass door leading to the backyard. At least both prep kitchens I've seen in Plan 2 did. It makes the kitchen area feel more airy and lightfilled

Offline chasingpowder

• Tourist
  • Thanks
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2022, 11:35:25 AM »
I went to the opening yesterday. The floor plans are so bad. The area by calculation is big, but when be there, at the entrance, the living room, the dining, it feels so confined, congested, suppressed. To me, the builder just want to make the number of square feet big AND DONOT CARE ANYTHING ELSE. Oh man, and the stairs are so narrow and I will stop whining.

Offline zovall

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 771
  • -Received: 233
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2022, 11:50:36 AM »
To me, the builder just want to make the number of square feet big AND DONOT CARE ANYTHING ELSE.

This has been the game for a long time.. building the most square feet on the smallest lot. And the consumer keeps buying so the game continues.. I wish I could find the "bag of chips" post Here it is: https://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,9315.msg76883.html
« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 11:58:37 AM by zovall »

Offline chasingpowder

• Tourist
  • Thanks
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2022, 11:56:56 AM »
Come on People gotta stop buying. Now is a good time to Stop buying the shit.

I gotta say the 1500-2500 square foot floor plans are not bad at all. More than 2500 ones are really bad.

To me, the builder just want to make the number of square feet big AND DONOT CARE ANYTHING ELSE.

This has been the game for a long time.. building the most square feet on the smallest lot. And the consumer keeps buying so the game continues.. I wish I could find the "bag of chips" post

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

Re: New communities in Portola Springs by mellorooster
[Today at 12:04:03 AM]

Re: Great Park - Solis Park by sleepy5136
[Today at 12:03:05 AM]

Re: Tesla Solar Panels Price Cut by marmott
[Yesterday at 11:08:29 PM]

Re: Tesla Solar Panels Price Cut by daedalus