Author Topic: TIC Making the Floorplan Worse? Why? Cielo VS Ravello  (Read 1916 times)

Offline chasingpowder

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 1
  • -Received: 0
TIC Making the Floorplan Worse? Why? Cielo VS Ravello
« on: July 13, 2022, 02:34:29 PM »
I'm wondering why they made the floorplan worse for newer homes? Just for an example, Ravello#2 has the extra prep kitchen(FLEX space) and pantry at the other side. But when it comes to Cielo#2, they wasted the Ravello powder room area into a 'launch', removed the FLEX space option, then turned the pantry into a powder room...

I don't understand the philosophy of it. For the other floorplans, very similar, but they are also making them worse IMO, why...

Offline CalBears96

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 39
  • -Received: 144
Re: TIC Making the Floorplan Worse? Why? Cielo VS Ravello
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2022, 02:56:27 PM »
I'm wondering why they made the floorplan worse for newer homes? Just for an example, Ravello#2 has the extra prep kitchen(FLEX space) and pantry at the other side. But when it comes to Cielo#2, they wasted the Ravello powder room area into a 'launch', removed the FLEX space option, then turned the pantry into a powder room...

I don't understand the philosophy of it. For the other floorplans, very similar, but they are also making them worse IMO, why...

I agree. Ravello Plan 2 is my favorite of all IP homes. Cielo Plan 2 is definitely worse than Ravello Plan 2. What a waste.

Offline matchbox

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 15
  • -Received: 12
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2022, 03:15:52 PM »
In the original Ravello: It's likely not desirable to walk into the entry and see the toilet. Especially with the powder room door left open.
The Ceilo plan is updated to resolve this.

Offline chasingpowder

• Tourist
  • Thanks
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2022, 03:26:55 PM »
In the original Ravello: It's likely not desirable to walk into the entry and see the toilet. Especially with the powder room door left open.

I guess everyone has their own preference. Anyway, I'm just posting one spot as an example. All three Cielo floorplans are worse than the Ravello here and there IMO.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2775
  • -Received: 4103
  • 3CWG
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2022, 05:22:48 PM »
I think each has their pros/cons.

While I agree that a flex space is probably better (esp for a home office with WFH), some people prefer a much larger pantry and a launch space to hang coats and put on their shoes going in and out of the garage.

The best part is that there are TWO toilets downstairs... I don't know how many times we are coming home from somewhere and one of the kids yells "I call downstairs bathroom!". :)
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline abhinata

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 5
  • -Received: 2
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2022, 08:07:24 PM »
Cielo plans are worse Ravello because it is in Portola Hills versus Orchard Hills  ;D

I guess everyone has their own preference. Anyway, I'm just posting one spot as an example. All three Cielo floorplans are worse than the Ravello here and there IMO.

Offline CalBears96

• Thanks
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2022, 08:26:47 PM »

While I agree that a flex space is probably better (esp for a home office with WFH), some people prefer a much larger pantry and a launch space to hang coats and put on their shoes going in and out of the garage.

The best part is that there are TWO toilets downstairs... I don't know how many times we are coming home from somewhere and one of the kids yells "I call downstairs bathroom!". :)

Ravello 2 has that too, right outside of powder room.

Offline chasingpowder

• Tourist
  • Thanks
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2022, 09:12:42 PM »
That’s a pretty big pantry lol. I thought pantry should take advantage of a niche area. NOT in the middle of kitchen and dining area like cielo. In this case, I’’d rather have nothing.

Offline box

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 17
  • -Received: 12
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2022, 10:55:06 AM »
As someone who would have no interest in making the flex space a Wine Room or Prep Kitchen, I don't necessarily think the Cielo floorplan is worse.

I'd prefer the flex space to be a big pantry. Would be weirder for me to use that flex space as an office or "Family Study" given its location in the kitchen / dining area.

The thing that I don't like about the launch area is that it's not directly connected to the door to the garage (impossible in this floorplan). It's a little weird that it's across the entry hallway.

Offline best_potsticker_in_town

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 4
  • -Received: 119
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2022, 12:39:20 PM »
Hearing Cielo Plan 2 will start around $2.5m and Plan 3 will be $2.6m-$2.7m.

Offline irviniteeee

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 55
  • -Received: 79
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2022, 02:53:52 PM »
I'm sure IP did their research and used focus groups to create these new updated and "innovative" plans ;)

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2775
  • -Received: 4103
  • 3CWG
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2022, 04:02:59 PM »

There is a bench there? I don't see it.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline CalBears96

• Thanks
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2022, 04:53:06 PM »

There is a bench there? I don't see it.

I take that back. Only hanging coats, not putting shoes also.

Offline The California Court Company

• What's this?
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 407
  • -Received: 392
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2022, 07:03:17 PM »
i like bathrooms with windows…so the new floor is not too bad.
"Should any Person come into contact with such fruit, soil or groundwater, such Person is advised to wash thoroughly with soap and water and seek immediate medical attention"-Augusta Disclosure, Tustin Legacy

"You'll probably be able to buy a 4BR detached home in Quail Hill for $150,000."-IndieDev

Offline momopi

• Thanks
  • -Given: 794
  • -Received: 471
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2022, 09:27:26 AM »
I like the full bath and bedroom down stairs and pantry.

I hope there is sufficient space for full sized fridge (assuming the kitchen island won't block the doors from opening).  The "counter depth" fridge doesn't really hold much.

Not sure about now but Rattlesnake reservoir used to have security patrols that come by throughout the day.  But in case of SHTF I don't think anyone is going to write you a ticket for drawing water from there with a bucket.  It's prolly reclaimed water so don't drink it.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2022, 09:35:41 AM by momopi »

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

Re: New communities in Portola Springs by mellorooster
[Today at 12:04:03 AM]

Re: Great Park - Solis Park by sleepy5136
[Today at 12:03:05 AM]

Re: Tesla Solar Panels Price Cut by marmott
[Yesterday at 11:08:29 PM]