$9 billion in gas refunds to California drivers

I?m already girding for the gnashing of teeth next year at the tax ?shortfalls? when the massive capital gain windfalls don?t materialize which the market pull back.

The California Court Company said:
looking at the income cut-off, I don't think most people who post here will get the money

Yeah, no rebate for once you cross $250k ($500k for married folks) in AGI. They should use the money for improving roads and bridges.  These give away do nothing long term.  Stop with the free gov't cheese please.

It takes a politician to send money to people based solely on their income and dependents and nothing else, and call it a gas tax refund.  Why not just be honest and call it voter demographics based pandering?  We will qualify for the lowest tier and, no joke, the amount we'll get will be almost as much as what we spent on gasoline for all of last year. 

USCTrojanCPA said:
The California Court Company said:
looking at the income cut-off, I don't think most people who post here will get the money

Yeah, no rebate for once you cross $250k ($500k for married folks) in AGI. They should use the money for improving roads and bridges.  These give away do nothing long term.  Stop with the free gov't cheese please.

This is what is so frustrating about politicians and taxes. They could use that money and do so many things with tangible benefits (infrastructure, schools, etc) - and they will squander it all away and when they are tapped out and the surplus is gone they will try to raise our taxes with that pay your fair share bullshit

Back