Big builder Lennar cutting prices in cooling US housing market

"Seven regions had significant slowdowns this month, Lennar said. They were: Raleigh, North Carolina; Minnesota; Austin, Texas; Los Angeles, the Central Valley and Sacramento in California; and Seattle. The company increased incentives, such as mortgage rate ?buy-downs,? and lowered prices in some subdivisions to boost demand."

Still not relevant to OC, though.

CalBears96 said:
"Seven regions had significant slowdowns this month, Lennar said. They were: Raleigh, North Carolina; Minnesota; Austin, Texas; Los Angeles, the Central Valley and Sacramento in California; and Seattle. The company increased incentives, such as mortgage rate ?buy-downs,? and lowered prices in some subdivisions to boost demand."

Haha!

CalBears96 said:

Think of it as a forest fire that starts somewhere else and then eventually gets to your house :)

No concern at first but then you will be breathing in the smoke.

qwerty said:
CalBears96 said:

Think of it as a forest fire that starts somewhere else and then eventually gets to your house :)

No concern at first but then you will be breathing in the smoke.

I have no doubt that the housing price drop will come to OC and Irvine soon. However, I'm not planning to move out of my house any time soon. Or any time for the next 20-30 years, so I have absolute no concern at all, regardless.

Lennar groups LA/OC as one market on their website (which also includes the IE), so it's not likely the CEO was excluding OC from the "LA region" on the earnings call.

Back