Poll

Where will Irvine housing prices be in one year?

Down over 50%
0 (0%)
Down 20%
19 (13.3%)
Down 10%
39 (27.3%)
Down 5%
30 (21%)
Flat
35 (24.5%)
Up 5%
15 (10.5%)
Up 10%
5 (3.5%)
Up 20%
0 (0%)
Up over 50%
0 (0%)
Other (please specify in post)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 102

Voting closes: August 20, 2022, 12:55:13 PM

Author Topic: Poll: Irvine Housing Prediction June 2022  (Read 12368 times)

Offline Danimal

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 27
  • -Received: 42
Re: Poll: Irvine Housing Prediction June 2022
« Reply #120 on: August 02, 2022, 09:11:55 PM »
I dont see any price drop.  I just closed escrow on my old Irvine home today.  I got 7 offers (3 cash & 4 loans with 30%+ down) and sold more than asking price. This is when rate was higher last month. There are just too many people want a piece of Irvine.

Congrats. Experiencing  the gains first hand is the best experience.  Nobody I know who bought before 3/2022 is regretting as of now in Irvine.

Irvine is a different beast because of The Irvine Company.  Thank you TIC LOLLLL.

Yes, location location location. I bought that home 14 years ago after the 2008 financial crisis. It went down another 5% but i didnt care. I was in it for a long haul.  It tripled the price since then. Only bad thing is that Uncle Sam will want a piece of that pie after $500k tax free.

Lesson learned is that if you can afford to buy a home and plan to live in it for a long time, short term gain/loss doesnt matter.

Offline sleepy5136

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 7
  • -Received: 56
« Reply #121 on: August 02, 2022, 09:14:23 PM »
I dont see any price drop.  I just closed escrow on my old Irvine home today.  I got 7 offers (3 cash & 4 loans with 30%+ down) and sold more than asking price. This is when rate was higher last month. There are just too many people want a piece of Irvine.

Congrats. Experiencing  the gains first hand is the best experience.  Nobody I know who bought before 3/2022 is regretting as of now in Irvine.

Irvine is a different beast because of The Irvine Company.  Thank you TIC LOLLLL.
nope, it's because of FCB and their standards. Copy and paste floor plans across the city, high density but don't care bc it's denser where they are from, don't care about small lots because generally asians hate the sun, and looking for max indoor sqft. TIC client base is FCB, not Americans.

Offline CalBears96

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 39
  • -Received: 144
« Reply #122 on: August 02, 2022, 09:14:28 PM »
Lesson learned is that if you can afford to buy a home and plan to live in it for a long time, short term gain/loss doesnt matter.

You be spitting truth.

Offline best_potsticker_in_town

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 4
  • -Received: 119
« Reply #123 on: August 02, 2022, 09:42:23 PM »

Yes, location location location. I bought that home 14 years ago after the 2008 financial crisis. It went down another 5% but i didnt care. I was in it for a long haul.  It tripled the price since then. Only bad thing is that Uncle Sam will want a piece of that pie after $500k tax free.

This is the key. I've been trying to tell anyone searching for a home that if they find something that fits what they want and they plan to live in it for a while, now is actually a good time to buy. First, the market is stagnating - you have less competition. Second, inventory is still relatively tight and it's hard to find a home that checks all (or most) of your boxes. And third, even though interest rates are ticking up, there's a good chance they'll fall again over the next 12-18 months.

The problem is, everyone I talk to thinks they're an economic expert and believe they can time the market. Unless you're an all-cash buyer - good luck w/ timing the market.

Offline The California Court Company

• What's this?
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 407
  • -Received: 392
« Reply #124 on: August 02, 2022, 09:50:03 PM »
well said. we think alike.

nope, it's because of FCB and their standards. Copy and paste floor plans across the city, high density but don't care bc it's denser where they are from, don't care about small lots because generally asians hate the sun, and looking for max indoor sqft. TIC client base is FCB, not Americans.
"Should any Person come into contact with such fruit, soil or groundwater, such Person is advised to wash thoroughly with soap and water and seek immediate medical attention"-Augusta Disclosure, Tustin Legacy

"You'll probably be able to buy a 4BR detached home in Quail Hill for $150,000."-IndieDev

Offline Liar Loan

• Thanks
  • -Given: 818
  • -Received: 526
  • Don't fight the Fed.
« Reply #125 on: August 03, 2022, 11:32:04 AM »

You be spitting truth.

It's the partial truth.  Danimal also benefitted immensely from good market timing by buying near the bottom and selling near the top.  If he had instead bought at the 2007 peak, it would have been many brutal years of "short term loss".  You know this because you've been through it yourself.

Offline Liar Loan

• Thanks
  • Don't fight the Fed.
« Reply #126 on: August 03, 2022, 11:42:32 AM »
Honestly who cares about the past? The Great Recession was an entire generation past , 15 years ago.

Different times, different situation.

Might as well be a boomer and talk about saving & loan crisis and dotcom bubble.

Current situation is unprecedented.  Irvine 2007/2008 is a different Irvine of today.

This thread is about Irvine housing predictions, and it's hard to make an accurate prediction without understanding the past.  History doesn't repeat but it tends to rhyme.

Understanding the S&L crisis and the dotcom bubble can give many important lessons for understanding the bubbles of today.  Human behavior and the madness of crowds follow the same patterns over and over.  The new generation doesn't remember the past, usually fails to study history, and repeats the same mistakes that their forbears made.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline ThirtySomethingWEquity

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 15
  • -Received: 17
« Reply #127 on: August 03, 2022, 02:52:20 PM »

The problem is, everyone I talk to thinks they're an economic expert and believe they can time the market. Unless you're an all-cash buyer - good luck w/ timing the market.

I am an economic expert and I bought in early 2009 and late 2020 so....   ;D

Offline TestingIrvine

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2
« Reply #128 on: August 03, 2022, 03:10:06 PM »
Honestly who cares about the past? The Great Recession was an entire generation past , 15 years ago.

Might as well be a boomer and talk about saving & loan crisis and dotcom bubble.

Current situation is unprecedented.  Irvine 2007/2008 is a different Irvine of today.

This thread is about Irvine housing predictions, and it's hard to make an accurate prediction without understanding the past.  History doesn't repeat but it tends to rhyme.

Understanding the S&L crisis and the dotcom bubble can give many important lessons for understanding the bubbles of today.  Human behavior and the madness of crowds follow the same patterns over and over.  The new generation doesn't remember the past, usually fails to study history, and repeats the same mistakes that their forbears made.

It was 15 years ago old man.  Stop talking about 2007 subprime days.   Different generation, different problems.

What happened 15 years ago doesn’t reflect today. You’re stuck on the past.

If people make good gains you simply call is “good timing”.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 09:43:46 PM by TestingIrvine »

Offline Liar Loan

• Thanks
  • Don't fight the Fed.
« Reply #129 on: August 03, 2022, 09:00:40 PM »

It was 15 years ago old man.  Stop talking about 2007 subprime days.   Different generation, different problems.

What happened 15 years ago doesn’t reflect today.   You’re stuck on the past.

If people make good gains you simply call is “good timing” LOLLLL.  You’re just an old, bitter Boomer stuck in the past.

Poor guy spent a lot of time editing his insults.  He came back over five hours later to remove the weakest ones. :D

Thanks to TestingIrvine, I'm living rent free now.

Offline TestingIrvine

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #130 on: August 03, 2022, 09:43:10 PM »

What happened 15 years ago doesn’t reflect today.   You’re stuck on the past.

If people make good gains you simply call is “good timing” LOLLLL.  You’re just an old, bitter Boomer stuck in the past.

Poor guy spent a lot of time editing his insults.  He came back over five hours later to remove the weakest ones. :D

Thanks to TestingIrvine, I'm living rent free now.

Im trying to be nicer on here.

I think Irvine lives rent free in your mind
- considering you don’t live in Irvine
- you are a prolific poster on Talk Irvine

Edit:
I will now go to TalkRanchoSantaMargarita.com and bash a random city I have no affiliation with LOLOOLLLLLLLL

Offline Davidlee199

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 8
« Reply #131 on: August 04, 2022, 04:54:13 PM »
Irvine Real Estate prices won’t drop due to its location? Lol
The real estate market in the Bay Area is down 10-15% from the peak so far.  Considering Average household income is $300k-$400k in the Bay Area vs $200k here in OC…
China Economy is in big problem due to its real estate market is crashed.  Don’t expect more money coming China to keep the Irvine market stays strong. 

Offline OCtoSV

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 89
  • -Received: 84
« Reply #132 on: August 05, 2022, 01:02:40 PM »
Irvine Real Estate prices won’t drop due to its location? Lol
The real estate market in the Bay Area is down 10-15% from the peak so far.  Considering Average household income is $300k-$400k in the Bay Area vs $200k here in OC…
China Economy is in big problem due to its real estate market is crashed.  Don’t expect more money coming China to keep the Irvine market stays strong.

I've always suspected Irvine was an extension of the China housing bubble - now we'll see whether that was the case

Offline TestingIrvine

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #133 on: August 05, 2022, 02:15:07 PM »
https://www.ocregister.com/2022/08/05/what-recession-us-employers-add-528000-jobs-in-july/

There will be no crash this year, it’ll be a soft landing. Flat 2022.

10% lower prices versus peak is nothing when prices went parabolic 9/2021-3/2022
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 02:22:38 PM by TestingIrvine »

Offline Liar Loan

• Thanks
  • Don't fight the Fed.
« Reply #134 on: August 05, 2022, 03:21:49 PM »
https://www.ocregister.com/2022/08/05/what-recession-us-employers-add-528000-jobs-in-july/

There will be no crash this year, it’ll be a soft landing. Flat 2022.

10% lower prices versus peak is nothing when prices went parabolic 9/2021-3/2022

Parabolas are a key feature of financial bubbles.  It's very rare to see something stay "flat" after a parabolic rise.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

Re: Serrano Summit | Lake Forest by Sysko
[Today at 12:31:24 AM]

Re: New communities in Portola Springs by mellorooster
[Today at 12:04:03 AM]

Re: Great Park - Solis Park by sleepy5136
[Today at 12:03:05 AM]

Re: Tesla Solar Panels Price Cut by marmott