Rent to Own - 13months Seller perspective

yes2

I wanted to pick the brain of RE agents here.
I know the rent to own some times is an option for buyers while trying to buy is there a similar situation for sellers as Rent & Sell -- for instance a seller wants to sell and do a 1031 but cant do it as it is a primary now what if the sale is defered with an agreed price and close of escrow in future while the home is rented thus recategorizing the home from primary to investment until the sale date, so that a 1031 can be done at close.
Thoughts..

yes2 said:
I wanted to pick the brain of RE agents here.
I know the rent to own some times is an option for buyers while trying to buy is there a similar situation for sellers as Rent & Sell -- for instance a seller wants to sell and do a 1031 but cant do it as it is a primary now what if the sale is defered with an agreed price and close of escrow in future while the home is rented thus recategorizing the home from primary to investment until the sale date, so that a 1031 can be done at close.
Thoughts..

What is the reason for doing this?  Because the gain is significantly over $500k?  Giving up the $500k gain exemption is a big deal.

Back