Patio covering options for view lot

PSbuyer

I?m on a south facing view lot that gets a lot of sun. I?ve looked into slatted pergolas, roof tile and solar coverings but I don?t like that they cut off the top sky portion of the view. There are pergolas with retractable shades but there is still a horizontal bar on the top frame, and I can?t tell if it?ll bother me once it?s up. 1st world problems indeed.

How good are retractable awnings these days? Do they hold up to constant gentle wind? They would be retracted at night and when very windy. Any other solutions I?m not thinking of?

PSbuyer said:
I?m on a south facing view lot that gets a lot of sun. I?ve looked into slatted pergolas, roof tile and solar coverings but I don?t like that they cut off the top sky portion of the view. There are pergolas with retractable shades but there is still a horizontal bar on the top frame, and I can?t tell if it?ll bother me once it?s up. 1st world problems indeed.

How good are retractable awnings these days? Do they hold up to constant gentle wind? They would be retracted at night and when very windy. Any other solutions I?m not thinking of?

My house is also south facing and has no cover so I was doing some research and this company pooped up.
https://4kaluminum.com/product/4k-cantilever-pergola/

I'm going to do the Cantilever cover with the motorized slats with only 2 posts around the planter box by the built-in BBQ near the side yard fence.

This is great, i haven?t come across cantilevered covers aside from the base but having the option to add support on one side for stability would be even better. Thanks!

Back