University Town Center - oldest current retail tenant?

zovall

UTC is one of my favorite retail centers in town. Does anyone know which current store has been there the longest?

UCI Alumni, It was early 1990ish and In and Out is already there. The headquarter for In and Out is closeby. An interesting American small business revolve to empire success.

Florida tried to persuade management to relocate the headquarter there during masks mandate fiasco without success. Desantos, you can kiss my ass...

Yup, Ray?s is still there. I think he?s been there since 1986. I?ve been going there since 1996.

Ray's Pizza is probably the winner... even more impressive... Ray still works there!

Does anyone remember when they used to sell Ray's Pizza in Edward's Theaters?

Well, I used to enjoy heading over to Sam Goody's to browse CD's before going over to the 18+ dance club to get my groove on.  Are those still there?

Liar Loan said:
Well, I used to enjoy heading over to Sam Goody's to browse CD's before going over to the 18+ dance club to get my groove on.  Are those still there?

What? Liar Loan actually hung out in Irvine back in the day?

irvinehomeowner said:
Liar Loan said:

What? Liar Loan actually hung out in Irvine back in the day?

I used to like Irvine a lot, but starting around the year 2000 it got to be too dense and overbuilt for my liking.  They've also removed a lot of the fun things, like Wild Rivers, that used to make Irvine great, to make way for more apartments.  Blech!

We still "hang out" there sometimes if we attend church at Mariners (not our usual congregation).  I started attending church there in 1994 when it was still South Coast Community Church prior to the merge with Mariners.

I also used to hang out at the dumpy trailer where KUCI was broadcast from, either playing music with my band, watching other bands, or just hanging out while my friends that were aspiring DJ's broadcast their shows.

irvinehomeowner said:
Ray's Pizza is probably the winner... even more impressive... Ray still works there!

Does anyone remember when they used to sell Ray's Pizza in Edward's Theaters?

I need to go try some pizza over at Ray's Pizza...driven by many times but never eat there.

USCTrojanCPA said:
I need to go try some pizza over at Ray's Pizza...driven by many times but never eat there.

You haven?t missed anything.  Better off going to Sgt. Pepperoni?s one block over.

WTTCHMN said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

You haven?t missed anything.  Better off going to Sgt. Pepperoni?s one block over.

Waaaa?! Ray's is fantastic! Sgt. Pepperoni's isn't bad though..

zovall said:
WTTCHMN said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Waaaa?! Ray's is fantastic! Sgt. Pepperoni's isn't bad though..

Do both places have pizzas by the slice?

Back