Great Park - Solis Park

CloudSurfer

Anyone know how many homes they are building at Solis Park? Seems to be a lot of construction and likely a dense neighborhood. I noticed the prices are starting around 1.6M and higher - is this a nicer neighborhood or just reflective of the times?

Also isn't Solis Park the neighborhood directly across from the prison?

That combined with Great Park MR is going to be interesting.

It is pretty close to Musick Facility, but the buildings at the Irvine & Alton are probably completely blocking the view of the prison from Solis Park.

Is the Great Park Tax and Mello-ross same for Altair vs rest of the GP neighborhood?  What is the effective tax rate one has to pay for Altair vs Great Park?

CalBears96 said:
It is pretty close to Musick Facility, but the buildings at the Irvine & Alton are probably completely blocking the view of the prison from Solis Park.

I had not been to this part if Lake Forest for a while. I drove by Musick jail over the weekend and saw some big constructions. They are making this place look like a fortress with super high walls. Are they expanding the jail to house more inmates?

Danimal said:
CalBears96 said:

I had not been to this part if Lake Forest for a while. I drove by Musick jail over the weekend and saw some big constructions. They are making this place look like a fortress with super high walls. Are they expanding the jail to house more inmates?

Supposedly, the expansion started in 2019 and to be completed this year to house 896 more inmates.

Stopped by the Pulte homes sales office, possible prison breaks aside I was told this will be the last GP neighborhood that will be part of IUSD, the neighborhood after will be Lake Forest. It?s also located right in between Solis park elementary and Portola HS and walkable which is super convenient.

PSbuyer said:
Stopped by the Pulte homes sales office, possible prison breaks aside I was told this will be the last GP neighborhood that will be part of IUSD, the neighborhood after will be Lake Forest. It?s also located right in between Solis park elementary and Portola HS and walkable which is super convenient.

Is that their way to incentivize you to buy? Last one to be part of IUSD.  ;D

CalBears96 said:
PSbuyer said:

Not for me personally, IUSD quality is over rated! Lake Forest schools seem so far and few in between from when I was looking around Baker Ranch/Serrano Summit and in the opposite direction from most stores.

CalBears96 said:
PSbuyer said:

I mean yea? The Lake Forest schools are just not... great. Not that IUSD is phenomenal but at least at IUSD, you get some general baseline.

bones said:
CalBears96 said:
PSbuyer said:

I mean yea? The Lake Forest schools are just not... great. Not that IUSD is phenomenal but at least at IUSD, you get some general baseline.
School = overrated
Parenting = underrated

sleepy5136 said:
bones said:
CalBears96 said:
PSbuyer said:

School = overrated
Parenting = underrated

Lol. Staunch defender of lake forest schools. Do you even have kids?

I actually agree with sleepy. We have kids that went to IUSD and you have to give most of the credit to parents.

bones said:
sleepy5136 said:
bones said:
CalBears96 said:
PSbuyer said:

School = overrated
Parenting = underrated

Lol. Staunch defender of lake forest schools. Do you even have kids?

The California Court Company said:
I actually agree with sleepy. We have kids that went to IUSD and you have to give most of the credit to parents.

No one is disputing that. I have been a "hater" of Irvine schools on this board but the reality is IUSD > Lake Forest public school offerings. That's just fact. If you have to overpay for a 3 story condo in GP with $$$$ Mello Roos, then you probably want the (baseline) better schools. That's all I'm saying here. Unless the future GP homes zoned to Lake Forest schools don't have MR... then that's a different convo. But all things being the same - Solis Park Elem > Rancho blah blah blah in Lake Forest. But who knows, maybe GP can get SVUSD to build a new school. To date, 3 new developments in LF have been unsuccessful (Baker Ranch, Meadows and Serrano).

I've said this before but even if it's just the helicopter parents who make the difference in "schooling"... that still makes IUSD better than other hoods.

You want your kids to hang out with kids who have parents who care about education... now... that's not always the case in Irvine... there are some schools that have a percentage of parents who really don't care... but that's an exception because most Irvine parents are paying a premium for their homes thus they need to make sure they are getting some value out of it.

This puts Lake Forest in the sandwich category... either parents with young children who are not in Elem/Middle/High or parents who have college kids where local school rating becomes less relevant.

We lived in South County before kids... more because my wife didn't want to live in Irvine... but once we started a family... guess where she wanted to move?

The funny thing is... I think we are the parents who aren't the Tiger ones pushing for that Ivy education. so I guess we bring IUSD down. :)

that's why RE in Irvine will have limited downside in a downturn, because the reputation of IUSD. Chinese grew up with this story of one the great ancient philosophers, it is one of their core beliefs. Owning a house in the best school district...https://baike.baidu.com/item/????/826039

irvinehomeowner said:
I've said this before but even if it's just the helicopter parents who make the difference in "schooling"... that still makes IUSD better than other hoods.

You want your kids to hang out with kids who have parents who care about education... now... that's not always the case in Irvine... there are some schools that have a percentage of parents who really don't care... but that's an exception because most Irvine parents are paying a premium for their homes thus they need to make sure they are getting some value out of it.

This puts Lake Forest in the sandwich category... either parents with young children who are not in Elem/Middle/High or parents who have college kids where local school rating becomes less relevant.

We lived in South County before kids... more because my wife didn't want to live in Irvine... but once we started a family... guess where she wanted to move?

The funny thing is... I think we are the parents who aren't the Tiger ones pushing for that Ivy education. so I guess we bring IUSD down. :)

Can't connect to that link... is that some Sun Tzu Art of War philosophy... FCB Art of Real Estate?

Rule 1: Only buy in Irvine.
Rule 2: Only buy with cash.
Rule 3: When you can't afford Irvine, see Rule 1.

Back