3 Decomposed Bodies Found in Irvine Home

StarmanMBA

58 Riverboat, Northwood
Owners Serge and Karina Poirier and their son ~30 years old lived there

Three decomposed bodies had been dead 12 to 18 months and were only found after relatives asked the Canadian Mounted Police to phone Irvine Police for a welfare check.

How in God's name did neighbors not hear and report three gunshots 12 to 18 months ago? Not grow suspicious of their neighbors' absences for 12 - 18 months, not knock on the door and look in windows, not smell the decomposing human flesh in "the safest city in America".

From what I've heard, they had windows tinted with reflective films. During daytime you couldn't even see inside the house from the outside.

They still had regular crew servicing their yard. Maybe that's why no red flag were raised with the neighbors.

Good insulation / construction quality led to no smell probably. That's a plus for Irvine  ;)

StarmanMBA said:
58 Riverboat, Northwood
Owners Serge and Karina Poirier and their son ~30 years old lived there

Three decomposed bodies had been dead 12 to 18 months and were only found after relatives asked the Canadian Mounted Police to phone Irvine Police for a welfare check.

How in God's name did neighbors not hear and report three gunshots 12 to 18 months ago? Not grow suspicious of their neighbors' absences for 12 - 18 months, not knock on the door and look in windows, not smell the decomposing human flesh in "the safest city in America".

The neighbors thought they had gone to live somewhere else during the pandemic. Remember they are from Canada, so that could be conceivable. If they don't have "jobs" they go to but instead work for themselves, maybe no one noticed anything at work because they don't go to work. If they pay for everything automatically and had enough in their bank accounts to make their payments, no one notices that either. Once the box is too full to deliver mail, the mailman puts a note in it and you have to pick up all mail going forward from the post office. Maybe he thought they were gone due to the pandemic initially and after the notice, he doesn't even get their mail to deliver to a cluster box, never going to the actual house.

Maybe the gunshots happened when no neighbors were home.

They had gotten divorced Jan 2020, so maybe that had something to do with this tragedy.

Still shouldn't a landscaper have smelled something even if double pane windows were all closed or a neighbor?

Pretty sad, over a year and no one misses them enough to report something.

Irvine has a reputation for lack of community within neighborhoods.  Many people keep to themselves and want their kids to stay inside to study.  The nearby neighbors probably thought it was just another vacant house.

I see my neighbors come and go constantly, don't you see yours?  Mail? Lights never turned off, or on?  Mail piling up from utilities?  Fliers piling up on the front door, and nobody has been asked to stop by periodically?

Knock, knock.  Something's wrong and nobody cares.... in "green," "sustainable" Irvine........

I know a certain neighbor across the street is out of the country half the year for multiple years.  If I didn?t see them for 1+ years I?d probably just think they extended their stay and not think much more of it.

This house is now for sale. Listed today: https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/58-Riverboat-92602/home/112726418

The listing price is low and will certainly attract a lot of interested buyers. If there was no murder, this house could go for $2.2m-$2.4m. It'll be interesting to track this one and see what this property trades at.

Also...very curious if there are any odors that are "stuck" in the walls. Bodies decomposing 12-18 months is sure to give off some nasty stuff.

This house is now for sale. Listed today: https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/58-Riverboat-92602/home/112726418

The listing price is low and will certainly attract a lot of interested buyers. If there was no murder, this house could go for $2.2m-$2.4m. It'll be interesting to track this one and see what this property trades at.

Also...very curious if there are any odors that are "stuck" in the walls. Bodies decomposing 12-18 months is sure to give off some nasty stuff.
Count me out. I believe in ghosts 😀

Found some info on how this house was cleaned up after police released the house

Last edited:
I wonder if the realtor is going to disclose this in the disclosures. I know what the answer should be, but what is the actual answer? the home is 2m next to the 261 freeway. no thanks.

Last edited:
I wonder if the realtor is going to disclose this in the disclosures. I know what the answer should be, but what is the actual answer? the home is 2m next to the 261 freeway. no thanks.

It's disclosed in the MLS private remarks section that there were non-peaceful deaths on property. I'm sure it'll get disclosed in the paperwork too - way too much liability not to.

It's disclosed in the MLS private remarks section that there were non-peaceful deaths on property. I'm sure it'll get disclosed in the paperwork too - way too much liability not to.
Yup, buyer could actually cancel the contract even after close of escrow of non-disclosure, especially for something as big as this.

At this price, it is a slightly fair market values. With violent deaths history, the price need to crater on this one for an investor to come in and purchase for rental. On the rental, you don't have to disclose such events.

After 10 years in the rental market, it may make sense to exit.

At this price, it is a slightly fair market values. With violent deaths history, the price need to crater on this one for an investor to come in and purchase for rental. On the rental, you don't have to disclose such events.

After 10 years in the rental market, it may make sense to exit.
That’s interesting. If tenants were to find out, would they be able to do something legally to the landlord for not disclosing?

That’s interesting. If tenants were to find out, would they be able to do something legally to the landlord for not disclosing?
I ain't afraid of ghost.

Back