Outdoor full bathroom. Good or Bad Idea?

If you have a pool in your backyard, would you build a 3-piece outdoor bath (shower, toilet and pedestal) as well? Seems very convenient, but I have never seen a house with an outdoor bath. I have seen cold-water outdoor shower though.

This came to my mind recently, but not sure if it would worth the money, time and effort.

This is very popular in my parent's new Toll Brothers neighborhood...a lot of people are building full outdoor bathrooms.

talkirvine said:
If you have a pool in your backyard, would you build a 3-piece outdoor bath (shower, toilet and pedestal) as well? Seems very convenient, but I have never seen a house with an outdoor bath. I have seen cold-water outdoor shower though.

This came to my mind recently, but not sure if it would worth the money, time and effort.

Never seen this in person but Richmond American has a floorplan that they have built in many areas that includes a pool bath as an option.
https://www.richmondamerican.com/arizona/phoenix-new-homes/glendale/falcon-ridge/julia

My sister has a pool shower and sauna but not a toilet. She wishes she had put in a toilet too.

YLgirl said:
This is very popular in my parent's new Toll Brothers neighborhood...a lot of people are building full outdoor bathrooms.

I'm not sure if we will have room (issue would be setback from the fence) but we would really like to put in a structure that includes enough room for a queen bed, small eat in kitchen, small bathroom with one sink and shower and small sitting area that would have it's own HVAC with the outdoor kitchen between that and the pool. It would be a really nice thing to be able to use the pool, bathroom without going into the house (especially grand kids), put prepared food in the fridge inside and we could use a small unit with a/c if we r mostly going to be at the pool and pool equipment could be hidden behind the structure.

Someone in our old neighborhood did something similar except instead of adult sized furniture they made a "house" for their kids. It was the coolest play house i've ever seen.

I would think anyone with wood floors would like to have an outside bathroom if they have a pool.

Back