Lennar "The Farm" Master Planned Community in San Juan Capistrano

sgip

Was alerted about this community by a family member who owns a home right across the street. I stopped by mid week to see what the story was. Lennar is trying out a different sales approach. The model home complex does not have a "trap gate", nor do they have a centralized sales office on site (that I could find). To access the models you use your phone, scan a QR code, and set an appointment. My guess is that the QR code will unlock a model to view. Odd, but perhaps the way of the future for home builders.

As for the community itself, it's a nice location in San Juan, beach close, and some attractive layouts (IMHO). Don't know about the school districts but there are terrific private schools nearby.

Anyone visited the community?
https://www.lennar.com/new-homes/california/la-orange-county/san-juan-capistrano/the-farm

Soylent Green Is People said:
Was alerted about this community by a family member who owns a home right across the street. I stopped by mid week to see what the story was. Lennar is trying out a different sales approach. The model home complex does not have a "trap gate", nor do they have a centralized sales office on site (that I could find). To access the models you use your phone, scan a QR code, and set an appointment. My guess is that the QR code will unlock a model to view. Odd, but perhaps the way of the future for home builders.

As for the community itself, it's a nice location in San Juan, beach close, and some attractive layouts (IMHO). Don't know about the school districts but there are terrific private schools nearby.

https://www.lennar.com/new-homes/california/la-orange-county/san-juan-capistrano/the-farm

They did that kind of showing with their homes over at the Great Park starting with Rise Park.

Any Rise Park buyers able to comment on this selling structure? Curious to hear it's positives and or any negatives.

Any Rise Park buyers able to comment on this selling structure? Curious to hear it's positives and or any negatives.

I did not buy, but went to look at some models to achieve my walking goals on my Fitbit 😙. I like it. Don?t have to be around anyone asking for sign up info.

They do that with Arlo too in SD. They SAY it's to limit the number of people in the house due to covid. (need an appt there). We had an appt but the code was not working. A few people milling around so we all just waited till someone came out of the house and went in when the door was open. Of course since three large families had shown up while we were waiting, there were lots of people in the house all at once, defeating their stated purpose

Yes. Easy to go in and out without using the QR Code. No genuine barrier to enter the models. I'm surprised some prankster hasn't printed up a few QR Code overlay stickers to redirect people to a Shea or Toll Brothers development...or somewhere else... 8)

All told most of the people I spoke to found the system confusing. Perhaps posting a "Step 1, do this, Step 2, do that" list would clear up the process for many. Chaos does not equal order, and I plenty of chaos at the tract.

Yes. Easy to go in and out without using the QR Code. No genuine barrier to enter the models. I'm surprised some prankster hasn't printed up a few QR Code overlay stickers to redirect people to a Shea or Toll Brothers development...or somewhere else... 8)

All told most of the people I spoke to found the system confusing. Perhaps posting a "Step 1, do this, Step 2, do that" list would clear up the process for many. Chaos does not equal order, and I plenty of chaos at the tract.

The first time we went to see the Lennar models at Rise, the QR code wasn't working.  We stopped by the 'sales' agent but she couldn't assist, so we left without getting in.  Others were having no luck that day either.  Pretty much a turn-off from the beginning, especially if the contracted sales agent is useless.

The second time we sent to those models, the code worked and we had no issues whatsoever.  But the overall process is quite confusing for newbies.

i think because of your posts I found some time to tour Arlo when I was back at SoCal. Overall not a bad experience as you can have all 3 model homes to yourself for one hour and can come back many times. for lookie loos and introvert like me it is perfect. Arlo is really a mix bag as lot size varies quite a bit. the models are on nice lots but most of the lots are motro court style.  and right next to the models there are future luxury apartments for lease..which is kind of weird. the location is convenient right off freeway but not that close.

i will check out the Farm when i am at So Cal next time.

Ready2Downsize said:

They do that with Arlo too in SD. They SAY it's to limit the number of people in the house due to covid. (need an appt there). We had an appt but the code was not working. A few people milling around so we all just waited till someone came out of the house and went in when the door was open. Of course since three large families had shown up while we were waiting, there were lots of people in the house all at once, defeating their stated purpose

I used to live less than a mile from this development and remember when it was being proposed to the city. The land used to belong to Armstrong nursery which still maintains a smaller property next door. There was a lot of pushback to get it approved indicative of a tension between those who?ve lived there generations and those who want to revamp this special place. I also loved the that you could be living a mile from from multi-million dollar mansions, affordable housing, and historic homes which brings an eclectic mix of incomes and backgrounds. Made it difficult for my realtor to get comps when selling though 😆

The California Court Company said:
Lennar also has another development called "The Farm" in the Greater San Diego areahttps://www.lennar.com/new-homes/california/san-diego/poway/the-farm-in-poway

Two single story floor plans, and the largest floorpan has 3 bay garage (I don't think they have 3CWG driveway) ?? the floor plans all have great curb appeal it seems

The Farm in Poway is where my daughter and I wanted to buy before things went whacko and Lennar took forever to get around to building them.

I had a feeling the HOA would be high (lots of amenities that the public can use  that the HOA will maintain) but I believe there is no mello at least.

Back