Author Topic: Stanford University: Get a booster or get deported  (Read 244 times)

Offline hpjet

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 13
  • -Received: 9
Stanford University: Get a booster or get deported
« on: April 01, 2022, 04:10:54 PM »
An international student at Standford University is concerned that he will be deported if he does not get his booster.  He has received his two primary doses and contracted Covid after.  He feels that he has enough immunity and does not need the booster for health reasons.  He explains in detail why he is hesitant:  "...the vaccine [has] an established risk of myocarditis for younger people—especially young men like me. The medical literature suggests that somewhere between 1 in 6,000 and 1 in 10,000 young vaccinated adolescent boys and young men develop the heart condition as a consequence. ... The risk of this condition increases with the number of vaccine doses a person has received, with the greatest risk coming from the booster shot. ... Furthermore, the protection provided by the vaccine and the booster against COVID infection is short-lived and limited. ...I have determined that I do not need a booster ... I am an international student in the Physics PhD program. I have a wife and a one-year-old son, who are dependents. If I do not get the booster shot before April 15, I cannot enroll for the spring quarter and my J-1 visa will be automatically canceled, as will the J-2 visas of my wife and child."
https://www.newsweek.com/stanford-international-students-get-booster-face-deportation-opinion-1693073

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal