Oscar slap!

irvinehomeowner

So I'm sure you all have seen the Will Smith slap on Chris Rock.

What I don't understand, is even if it was staged, the Academy officials should have took Will Smith out of the audience to question him about it and then not even let him back to make his Best Actor speech until they got answers.

So weird.

A joke in bad taste.

A coarse response.

Over reactions all around.

Using his words would have been better.

The Ukrainians are using their words very well.

The use of their knuckles is making the words possible.

blm vs blm. Let them go at it at all levels?from looting your friendly neighborhood stores to oscars.

Bring me more popcorns.  8) 8) 8)

Liar Loan said:
If IHO ever hears me talking about Irvine in person, I'm expecting to get slapped.

Never.

Personally... I am actually anti-violence and anti-profanity... Will Smith has dropped big time on my likable scale.

irvinehomeowner said:
Liar Loan said:
If IHO ever hears me talking about Irvine in person, I'm expecting to get slapped.

Never.

Personally... I am actually anti-violence and anti-profanity... Will Smith has dropped big time on my likable scale.

I work with many in the industry and you would be surprised how public persona is totally opposite from how they really are.  I find the best tell to a celebrities soul can be gleaned from observing their kids.  That tends to be the true reflection of the type of person that they really are outside of the public eye.

morekaos said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Liar Loan said:

Never.

I work with many in the industry and you would be surprised how public persona is totally opposite from how they really are.  I find the best tell to a celebrities soul can be gleaned from observing their kids.  That tends to be the true reflection of the type of person that they really are outside of the public eye.

This is so true.  Observing how people's kids behave is the best way to know who a person is - for everyone, not just for celebrities. 

irvinehomeowner said:
So I'm sure you all have seen the Will Smith slap on Chris Rock.

What I don't understand, is even if it was staged, the Academy officials should have took Will Smith out of the audience to question him about it and then not even let him back to make his Best Actor speech until they got answers.

So weird.

At the 1973 Oscars, Native American actor Sacheen Littlefeather took the stage for Marlon Brando.

She declined the award for Brando and asked that Indigenous people not to be dehumanized in film.

She was boo'd & mocked by Clint Eastwood. John Wayne was held back by six security guards because he was trying to get on stage to hit this woman.

It was weird Smith was not stopped. They have the security staff, at least in the past. Maybe someone fell asleep at the switch or for some reason decided to let it happened? We'll probably never know.

Whatever your stance is on the Oscar slap, you got to admit - poor taste joke aside, Chris Rock handled the physical altercation so well that people actually thought it was staged at first.

Rather than start a new thread, I just reanimated this one.

I'm reading negative chatter about the "naked" John Cena bit... which I guess I don't really understand.

I thought it was funny but maybe I have a different type of humor. The award was for costumes which made it even funnier to me.

Back