Souplantation May Return To San Diego

Cares said:
I really miss Souplantation

We used to go to Souplantation a lot. We bought like $300 worth of gift cards during their annual promotion around Christmas and I think we had over $200 left before they closed down.

My kids ask me everytime they pass a SoupPlantation that still has its sign if we can go there.  They get sad everytime I remind them no.  Would be great if they were able to come back, even if in a limited fashion (although I'm not going to a senior center to eat there). 

Other buffet concepts survived Covid so SP was already hurting.

Has anyone been to any of the AYCE Korean BBQs? Or All That Shabu or Dada Shabu... heck even Sizzler salad bar is still open.

And while Hometown Buffet also died, Golden Corral is still kickin'.

irvinehomeowner said:

Has anyone been to any of the AYCE Korean BBQs? Or All That Shabu or Dada Shabu... heck even Sizzler salad bar is still open.

I've gone to All That BBQ a couple times and it was packed both times.

I remember Shik Do Rak was serving To-Go family meals during the pandemic.  Gotta pivot to survive.

akkord said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I've gone to All That BBQ a couple times and it was packed both times.

We went to I Can BBQ a few times during Covid... did the outdoor dining (even though they were sitting people inside when there was that indoor dining ban).

Talked to the owner recently and business is good for him... they opened the Santa Ana location just before Covid and now they are opening a Tustin Marketplace location.

Maybe I should ask him to open a Souplantation. :)

Back