Interest in Science Fair/Research course?

pranavmoudgalya

Hello, Talk Irvine community!

My name is Pranav Moudgalya, I'm a current senior at University High School and will be a freshman at Harvard this fall. Throughout middle and high school, Science Fair was an incredibly valuable experience for me. Through Science Fair, I discovered my passion for STEM, research, and science communication. The process of Science Fair allowed me to make long-lasting friendships, discover my academic interests and played a key role in my college application.

What I wish I had was guidance on how to best navigate the process of doing research/science fair in high school. I hope to fill this gap and contribute back to the community through my years of experience in this academic activity.

I am interested in creating an online course for Irvine & OC middle and high schoolers that will cover many key areas of performing well in the Science Fair, including but not limited to: how to write an effective paper, how to present your research, what category to enter into, how to prepare for interviews, and much more. The course would be self-directed, but include video guides, printable examples, and much more.

For any parents/students here, is this something you would have interest in? Let me know! If you have any questions, please feel free to leave them in the comments.

A bit about my qualifications:
1. I am a 7x participant in the IUSD Science Fair, a 7x Participant in the OC Science & Engineering Fair, and 6x qualifier to the CA State Science Fair.
2. I won 3rd Place at the Regeneron International Science & Engineering Fair, 1st Place at the California State Science Fair, 1st Place at the OC Science & Engineering Fair, and 1st Place at the IUSD Science Fair.
3. My academic accolades include: Harvard College (Early Admit), Coca-Cola Scholar ($20k Scholarship, 0.22% acceptance rate), Princeton Book Award, Carson Scholar, Elks Most Valuable Student Finalist, and more.

Back