Poll

What kind of position do you prefer?

Work in office
5 (13.5%)
Work remote
14 (37.8%)
Hybrid office (more office., some remote)
7 (18.9%)
Hybrid remote (more remote, some office)
11 (29.7%)
Other (specify in comments)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: Work in office or remote?  (Read 4839 times)

Offline Liar Loan

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 818
  • -Received: 526
  • Don't fight the Fed.
Re: Work in office or remote?
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2022, 02:15:52 PM »
In lieu of announcing a company layoff, give people the choice of whether to "come back in" or quit.  Smart man.

Offline Compressed-Village

• Thanks
  • -Given: 390
  • -Received: 346
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2022, 02:43:53 PM »
Quit, Elon wins. Fired, Elons pays severance.

Indeed smart.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2775
  • -Received: 4103
  • 3CWG
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2022, 03:41:36 PM »
I don't think severance is required for layoffs or firing.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline CalBears96

• Thanks
  • -Given: 39
  • -Received: 144
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2022, 04:08:20 PM »

Yeah, severance is not required, but usually given for layoffs. Definitely not for being fired...unless you're an executive that ran the company to the ground.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline Compressed-Village

• Thanks
  • -Given: 390
  • -Received: 346
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2022, 04:49:10 PM »

Yeah, severance is not required, but usually given for layoffs. Definitely not for being fired...unless you're an executive that ran the company to the ground.

Ha ha, golden parachute deploy.

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2937
  • -Received: 2296
« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2022, 05:43:23 PM »
Elon does his own thing but I can see how more companies are going to want people back in the office.  The smart ones will stay remote and mostly remote and start hiring a good talent that is looking to stay remote. 
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA DRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!
Have license, will travel!

Offline The California Court Company

• What's this?
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 407
  • -Received: 392
« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2022, 05:52:34 PM »
there is also a second email with subject line “to be super clear”

He is basically saying in person collaboration is needed to come up with great new products, taking a dig at companies that have not yet been mandating return to office.
"Should any Person come into contact with such fruit, soil or groundwater, such Person is advised to wash thoroughly with soap and water and seek immediate medical attention"-Augusta Disclosure, Tustin Legacy

"You'll probably be able to buy a 4BR detached home in Quail Hill for $150,000."-IndieDev

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
  • -Given: 667
  • -Received: 599
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2022, 09:11:55 AM »
SFH is not holding up….more unicorns and rainbows…

The downside to working from home: Google CEO Sundar Pichai warns workers they aren't PRODUCTIVE or focused enough and calls on them to think of ways to speed up product development after revenue growth slowed to 13%
·         Google CEO Sundar Pichai told staff during an all-hands meeting last week that he expected them to improve productivity following a sluggish second quarter
·         As staff were concerned about layoffs, Pichai said: 'It's clear we are facing a challenging macro environment with more uncertainty ahead'
·         The tech giant is handing out a survey to staff to help the company to become more productive
·         Questions on the survey include: 'Where should we remove speed bumps to get to better results faster?'
·         The company did not confirm the prospect of layoffs but said that hiring would be slowed through 2023

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11071821/Google-CEO-tells-employees-arent-PRODUCTIVE-says-slow-hiring.html

Offline The California Court Company

• What's this?
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 407
  • -Received: 392
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2022, 10:42:45 AM »
easy solution. 20% pay cut and WFH (to make up deficiency in productivity) and no pay cut but return to office.

SFH is not holding up….more unicorns and rainbows…

The downside to working from home: Google CEO Sundar Pichai warns workers they aren't PRODUCTIVE or focused enough and calls on them to think of ways to speed up product development after revenue growth slowed to 13%
·         Google CEO Sundar Pichai told staff during an all-hands meeting last week that he expected them to improve productivity following a sluggish second quarter
·         As staff were concerned about layoffs, Pichai said: 'It's clear we are facing a challenging macro environment with more uncertainty ahead'
·         The tech giant is handing out a survey to staff to help the company to become more productive
·         Questions on the survey include: 'Where should we remove speed bumps to get to better results faster?'
·         The company did not confirm the prospect of layoffs but said that hiring would be slowed through 2023

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11071821/Google-CEO-tells-employees-arent-PRODUCTIVE-says-slow-hiring.html
"Should any Person come into contact with such fruit, soil or groundwater, such Person is advised to wash thoroughly with soap and water and seek immediate medical attention"-Augusta Disclosure, Tustin Legacy

"You'll probably be able to buy a 4BR detached home in Quail Hill for $150,000."-IndieDev

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
  • -Given: 667
  • -Received: 599
« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2022, 11:01:49 AM »
Exactly why I’ve been in the office every day since the start of this stupid thing. Productivity, i’ve had work from home for over a decade and still barely ever use it.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2775
  • -Received: 4103
  • 3CWG
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2022, 01:15:51 PM »
I used to be that way before the pandemic... a staunch believer that at office was the most productive way to work... even if not really working, you are at the office and available when people need you.

But after Covid, working from home and using the communication tools often and always has changed my mind... for people who can handle it. Due to the fact that I work with various people from different time zones now more than ever, I'm not going to be up at 5 in the morning helping someone with an issue and then have to commute into the office and stay there until 6pm. WFH allows me to be very accessible to both work and family and now I would not have it any other way.

However, it doesn't work for everyone depending on so many variables. I have some co-workers who are terrible WFH people... never around, admitting they aren't working etc etc. Those people should be required to be in-office.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline CalBears96

• Thanks
  • -Given: 39
  • -Received: 144
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2022, 02:27:38 PM »
However, it doesn't work for everyone depending on so many variables. I have some co-workers who are terrible WFH people... never around, admitting they aren't working etc etc. Those people should be required to be in-office.

I think most people are this way, which is why productivity suffers.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

Re: Tesla Solar Panels Price Cut by daedalus
[Today at 02:10:38 AM]

Re: Serrano Summit | Lake Forest by Sysko
[Today at 12:31:24 AM]

Re: New communities in Portola Springs by mellorooster
[Today at 12:04:03 AM]

Re: Great Park - Solis Park by sleepy5136