Work in office or remote?

What kind of position do you prefer?

• Work in office

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Work remote

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • Hybrid office (more office., some remote)

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Hybrid remote (more remote, some office)

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • Other (specify in comments)

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters

irvinehomeowner

We've discussed this before but that was more what your current situation is.

This one is what you prefer and maybe what you think will be the future of business as we know it.

For the team I'm on, they prefer full time remote. Prior to Covid, they would always ask to work remote but I was more of an in-office type of person. But once Covid hit and I got used to using the collaboration tools, chat and video calls... I became a remote convert.

If you are new at a company or you have a certain position, working in-office has its advantages, but I think once you have an established team/setting/position, I would think most would like to be remote just because of the convenience and balance.

There is a discussion in the Housing Analysis that we will shift back to in-office work but I don't think so. I think now that everyone who can work remote has gotten a taste of at least a year's worth of remote work, they may never go back to full time in-office.

Edit: Typos.

I actually prefer working in the office, or at least hybrid office. Sure, you can accomplish things with collaboration tools and conference calls, but you can't replace the convenience of the office environment. Unless you have a toxic working environment.  ;D

Our team is remote, my manager doesn't want to go in nor do I, even though my office is only a few miles away, we'll go in if the guys at the very top force us.  Our team still gets together every couple months for drinks/dinner or a bbq. 

My wfh/office balance is just about perfect.  I cycle through periods of both, and just about when I get tired of 1, I cycle to the other.  I prefer to spend most of my time in the office.  The work is more interesting there and the hours fly by (hourly pay).  But it's also tiring.  WFH is a bit more leisurely, and I get to "recharge" when I wfh, but it's also not quite as interesting.  I've never liked commuting and have always lived close to work.  Door to door in about 10 minutes on average. 

CalBears96 said:
I actually prefer working in the office, or at least hybrid office. Sure, you can accomplish things with collaboration tools and conference calls, but you can't replace the convenience of the office environment. Unless you have a toxic working environment.  ;D

Agree completely. 1-2 days a week at home and 3-4 in the office has been the perfect balance for me.

Been in the office the whole time.  Sitting at my desk, in a suit and tie.  I have had work from home for a decade...only use it from the back of my boat in the summer in Catalina or when out of town... Cant work at home, just not productive there.

eyephone said:
I thought you said you are also licensed to sell insurance products. (or maybe it was someone else)

I have licenses to move lots of stuff....commodities, stocks, bonds, insurance, futures, options forex...you name it. Doesn't mean I do any one in particular.  I specialize in stocks and options. 

Back