New Listing - single-story home @ Mesa Verde in Costa Mesa (2863 Serang Pl)

usctrojancpa

On Monday afternoon I listed a charming single-story home @ Mesa Verde in Costa Mesa on MLS as a Coming Soon listing (first time on the market in 19 years) and went Active today. The home sits on a large 9,288sf lot and features 3 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms with 1,520sf of living space along with about 300sf of additional unpermitted interior space. The home is listed aggressively at $1,150,000 and is expected to sell fast.

PM or email me if you are interested in seeing the home. I'll be hosting open houses this weekend (Saturday and Sunday Feb 19th and 20th) from 1-4pm.

Here is the Redfin link:
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Costa-Mesa/2863-Serang-Pl-92626/home/3697553

Pictures and the virtual tour and 3D Matterport are in the link below:

www.2863SerangPl.com

We looked at a similar type home in a nearby location 4-5 months ago - listed at $990K (to come up for under $1 million searches) and it sold for $1.2M. Yours has a better floor plan with better finishes and better landscaping. You have a superior listing which means a $1.4 million all cash close for your efforts on this one. Won?t hold the non Irvine listing against you.  ;)

DrTravel said:
We looked at a similar type home in a nearby location 4-5 months ago - listed at $990K (to come up for under $1 million searches) and it sold for $1.2M. Yours has a better floor plan with better finishes and better landscaping. You have a superior listing which means a $1.4 million all cash close for your efforts on this one. Won?t hold the non Irvine listing against you.  ;)

Haha  Always love your posts.  You know, it's good for me to get out of Irvine/Tustin Ranch once in a while because it keeps me sharp since I have do research the new market.  This home is very close to where I grew up in Huntington Beach so I was excited when I got the listing. 

Good bones on Mesa Verde homes and an area of strong demand. My guess is a $1.3 sale, refurbished, then flipped to a relist at $1.6.

Soylent Green Is People said:
Good bones on Mesa Verde homes and an area of strong demand. My guess is a $1.3 sale, refurbished, then flipped to a relist at $1.6.

The big value on the home is being able to permit the unpermitted space along with the huge backyard.

We got a total of 12 offers in and we are well over $1.3m with the top offers.  I'll be sending best & final counter offers tonight.

marmott said:
Not too surprised considering how much foot traffic there was at the open house :D

Yeah, we had over 80 groups of buyers during the 2 days of open houses so it's not surprising we 12 offers.

Just got word from escrow that we closed earlier this afternoon.  The sales price was $1,426,000 or $276,000 over the list price and the it was an all cash purchase.  Congrats to both the buyer and seller.

DrTravel said:

You sir basically called it...a $1.4m+ all cash purchase.

Back