Ravello: Reserve vs Groves

Looking at Ravello in Reserve and Groves.  What are the pros and cons of each?  Which one is better?  Is there any chance of getting either one at this point?

The biggest difference between the two is school district. Reserve is in IUSD while Groves is in TUSD.

And it seems like Plans 4 and 5, which are smaller floorplans, are not available at Groves.

As for any chance of getting either one at this point, I would say very slim chance of getting Reserve. As far as I know, Reserve is starting to sell their last city view lots. Regular Plan 1 is about $2.2M, but these super premium lots start at $3.5M, possibly reaching $4M.

You might have better luck with Groves.

Also if you're concerned about the asphalt plant, its def way closer to Ravello Reserve than the Groves side.

CalBears96 said:
The biggest difference between the two is school district. Reserve is in IUSD while Groves is in TUSD.

And it seems like Plans 4 and 5, which are smaller floorplans, are not available at Groves.

As for any chance of getting either one at this point, I would say very slim chance of getting Reserve. As far as I know, Reserve is starting to sell their last city view lots. Regular Plan 1 is about $2.2M, but these super premium lots start at $3.5M, possibly reaching $4M.

You might have better luck with Groves.

Bad school district and occasionally bad air vs better school district and more occasionally bad air. Tough choice if you are lucky to get a spot on wait list.

BlackKnight said:
Bad school district and occasionally bad air vs better school district and more occasionally bad air. Tough choice if you are lucky to get a spot on wait list.

TUSD schools on that side is not bad compared to the rest of Tustin. The schools are rated well and Beckman High is better than some Irvine high schools (according the ratings).

Cares said:
BlackKnight said:

TUSD schools on that side is not bad compared to the rest of Tustin. The schools are rated well and Beckman High is better than some Irvine high schools (according the ratings).

Orchard Hills School K-8 is very good as well.  Teachers are wonderful and curriculum is great from first-hand experience.  Also, I see many IUSD residents moving to this side to have their kids attend Orchard Hills K-8. 

Ravello at the Reserves is basically sold out per the sales people (they have way more buyers on the wait list than actual lots left).  So if you want Ravello, it'll be the Groves or nothing.

Beckman is 100th something out of ~2500 high school in California, not sure why people think it is bad school?

school wise, Beckman is on par with Woodbridge so not at the same tier as Uni and Northwood. but there is an argument to be made if your kids need any kind of special education IUSD will be better as this is really a district thing. And it also matters for inter school district transfers if you have to move, IUSD is more recognized and respected by other school districts.

Just saw that there are some quick move-ins from 4.7M-5M....HA!!

Ravello Groves is sold out and another builder is taking over the remaining land after their phase 12 homes under construction are completed and delivered. IP has now released their last build out phase at Ravello Reserves which have city view lots right next to the model homes ranging from $4M - $5M.

I just can't fathom paying 4-5M for a Ravello home compared to what else is out there...is it just me?
You're not alone. Ravello for 4-5m is a joke. The view isn't even ocean view. With 4-5m you can buy a really nice house with a huge lot in Hawaii. Again, FCB is the reason why Ravello and homes in Irvine are being priced that much. If you take out FCB, Irvine home prices will tumble.

I just can't fathom paying 4-5M for a Ravello home compared to what else is out there...is it just me?
You're not paying for the home. You're paying for the view. I mean, I can't fathom paying $2M for the view, but that's just how it is. The Ravello homes themselves only cost $2.8M to $3M.

For $5M, Martin's home would have been much better. 😂

You're not paying for the home. You're paying for the view. I mean, I can't fathom paying $2M for the view, but that's just how it is. The Ravello homes themselves only cost $2.8M to $3M.

For $5M, Martin's home would have been much better. 😂
you are paying for the bragging right. and make sure you have the Mercedes G Wagons parked in the driveway

I don't understand why FCB's keep on buying these homes at these prices which doesn't make any sense, I assume that it has something to do with money laundering to bring their money out of China and park it here by purchasing these significantly overpriced homes so that they don't get caught and risk getting their money seized by the communist Chinese government or their realtors are misleading them about the prices and potential gains...

Back