Author Topic: Orchard Hills Neighborhood 4  (Read 9245 times)

Offline Irvinehomeseeker

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 117
  • -Received: 63
Re: Orchard Hills Neighborhood 4
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2022, 04:14:25 PM »
As I have shared earlier, I have been at Eastwood(not too far from the plant) for last 4 years. There has been only 2-3 occasions that I smelt asaphalt.  Also, I think the plant only runs during certain hours after night.
People have been living at OH for more than 6-7 years, I don't think there has been issues with cancer with OH residents.

Offline eyephone

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 505
  • -Received: 789
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2022, 04:20:02 PM »
I personally wouldn’t buy at GP because it was a superfund site. But actions speak louder than words. Thousands of people bought homes at GP.

You can protest all you want about the asphalt plant / air pollution (and I would support you). But TIC will have zero problems selling all 520 homes unless the economy crashes.

Call it coincident or maybe luck. But a CEO quit or resigned that did a lot of business in GP according to news articles.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 04:25:48 PM by eyephone »

Offline akkord

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 128
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2022, 06:07:59 AM »
As I have shared earlier, I have been at Eastwood(not too far from the plant) for last 4 years. There has been only 2-3 occasions that I smelt asaphalt.  Also, I think the plant only runs during certain hours after night.
People have been living at OH for more than 6-7 years, I don't think there has been issues with cancer with OH residents.

There were no cancer cases for kids for awhile in QH, but then there was a surge of cases traced back to the type of pesticide they used in the area.  As always its personal risk wherever ppl choose to live.

Offline yoyofly

• Thanks
  • -Given: 1
  • -Received: 0
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2022, 09:34:45 AM »
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 11:02:32 AM by yoyofly »

Offline Danimal

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 24
  • -Received: 38
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2022, 09:41:28 AM »
Just took a walk on Jeffrey Trail. They are bulldozing the hillside toward Portola street. 1/2 of the hill is done.  Pretty fast progress

Offline Irvinehomeseeker

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2022, 09:58:20 AM »
Just took a walk on Jeffrey Trail. They are bulldozing the hillside toward Portola street. 1/2 of the hill is done.  Pretty fast progress
They may be start selling much earlier to take advantage of the demand. Like CalPac that started selling before Models were ready.

The nice green cover visible from EW will now be replaced with homes pretty soon :(

Offline Davidlee199

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Received: 7
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2022, 11:50:30 AM »
IP wanted to build ASAP before mortgage rates climb up 4-5%

Offline AW

• Thanks
  • -Given: 47
  • -Received: 178
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2022, 12:14:59 PM »
the asphalt co looks to be equidistant from parts of OH3 and OH4, although not sure about the terrain

this is going to be quite pricey with alot of view lots

Offline felixcat

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Received: 1
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2022, 01:19:33 PM »
the asphalt co looks to be equidistant from parts of OH3 and OH4, although not sure about the terrain

This is kind of a sore point in buying OH4. Yes having a view is nice, however think about the toxic gas, risk of getting cancer, not dare to open window at night to sleep during summer nights (if AAA choose to emit the gas during midnight to avoid detection)...

Offline yoyofly

• Thanks
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2022, 01:33:17 PM »
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 11:02:14 AM by yoyofly »

Online Yousr

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 11
  • -Received: 12
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2022, 10:20:37 PM »

This is kind of a sore point in buying OH4. Yes having a view is nice, however think about the toxic gas, risk of getting cancer, not dare to open window at night to sleep during summer nights (if AAA choose to emit the gas during midnight to avoid detection)...

AAA is known for the fact that they emit gas at night. And maybe you guys already know that but I just learned that making asphalt is like making liquid gold. AAA must be making tons of money, parts of which may have gone to some governer, mayor, officer or whatever, just seem impossible to have them regulated.

https://www.latimes.com/socal/daily-pilot/entertainment/story/2021-11-24/irvine-approves-regulations-for-asphalt-plant-that-residents-say-spreads-toxic-fumes

Offline gpquest

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 3
  • -Received: 12
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2022, 10:52:02 AM »

Offline yoyofly

• Thanks
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2022, 11:00:00 AM »

Offline Cares

• Real Estate Broker & Mortgage Loan Originator
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 14
  • -Received: 264
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2022, 10:11:01 PM »
I got an email earlier this morning that you can begin the pre-qual process now.

Offline Irvinehomeseeker

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2022, 11:03:38 PM »
I got an email earlier this morning that you can begin the pre-qual process now.

That's so fast...the newsletter in the postal mail earlier said something to the effect of mid 2023 when first homes will be ready to sell, but looks like it's moved up considerably if one can start pre qualifying now.

IP is responding to the demand. If Jumbo rates stay below 4% this year and economy stays strong, these homes should sell fast even if they are pricey. I doubt the AAA plant will dampen the demand.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal