Selling Condo w/o an agent

My_Alter_Ego

I'm looking to sell my Pasadena condo, which I currently have rented out.  Fortunately, my tenant wants to buy the unit from me.  So I'm looking to avoid the realtor fees and just get an attorney to handle all the administrative tasks. 

Has anybody here sold a property without an agent?  What pitfalls should I be looking out for (other than sale price) and how much can I expect to pay in attorney fees to handle the paperwork and the transaction?

My_Alter_Ego said:
I'm looking to sell my Pasadena condo, which I currently have rented out.  Fortunately, my tenant wants to buy the unit from me.  So I'm looking to avoid the realtor fees and just get an attorney to handle all the administrative tasks. 

Has anybody here sold a property without an agent?  What pitfalls should I be looking out for (other than sale price) and how much can I expect to pay in attorney fees to handle the paperwork and the transaction?

Have you considered asking if any agents can handle all of the paperwork for you for a flat fee?  I've done that a few times for a few folks and I am also able to get escrow fee and owners title policy fee discounts for all my sellers because I use the same providers for all my listings.

CLB_srA said:
Just of curiosity, can you ballpark how much someone would save if they go through with this route?

Most agents today are asking for 4% commission (split equally between the listing agent and buyer agent) so it depends on the price on the home. 

Back